    Roy East Guest

    I think I have somehow removed the program for my CD Rom from my Computer
    Help Please.

    Roy East, Dec 6, 2005

  2. Roy East

    Eli Coten Guest

    Roy East wrote:
    > I think I have somehow removed the program for my CD Rom from my Computer
    > Help Please.

    What do you mean "removed" which program are you talking about? Can you
    give us more detail? How do you know you have "removed" this program.
    what are the symptoms. Do you mean CD-Writing program perhaps?
    Eli

    Eli Coten, Dec 6, 2005

  3. Roy East

    Pc Rat Guest

    Roy East wrote:
    > I think I have somehow removed the program for my CD Rom from my Computer
    > Help Please.

    i think hes talking about the driver but cd roms dont use drivers. if
    your talking about software like nero etc, just reinstall it, but if
    your drive wont even see a cd , just unplug the power to the pc first,
    then go inside the pc case and unplug the power and the IDE cable ( its
    grey ) and replug it in, and see if that works.

    email:

    Pc Rat, Dec 9, 2005
  4. Roy East

    Fakename Guest

    Actually, CD-ROMs, and indeed all ROMS, require drivers. But they
    follow a standard and are always supplied by the OS vendor by defacto.

    However, I've never heard of one going belly up on a modern operating
    system. If I were you I would switch the device with one you are sure
    is working to see if it's defective, if you have access to a spare ROM.

    Fakename, Dec 10, 2005