    effi Guest

    device is a lite-on technology LTR-48246S

    what's causing this?

    effi, Nov 29, 2004

  2. effi

    dan Guest

    Try not posting your entire problem in your subjct, makes it hard to read.
    As per your question, that sounds wierd. If burnt ones work, all should
    work. Maybe the problem is somthing else.

    dan, Nov 29, 2004

  3. effi

    effi Guest

    "dan" <> wrote in message
    > Try not posting your entire problem in your subjct, makes it hard to read.
    > As per your question, that sounds wierd. If burnt ones work, all should
    > work. Maybe the problem is somthing else.

    nope, that's the problem

    effi, Nov 29, 2004
  4. effi

    HF Guest

    Look at www.cdrfaq.org

    HF, Nov 29, 2004
  5. effi

    effi Guest

    there is nothing there about this problem....

    take one aspect of the problem, it the cd rw/dvd won't play audio cds,
    doesn't even recognize them...

    all the time anyway,
    probably once over 50 times or so,
    pulling numbers out of the air,
    it works

    so maybe it's a dirty laser beam maker inside?

    effi, Nov 30, 2004
  6. effi

    dan Guest

    You get get a new fast 48x CD-RW for $20. I have no doubt that would solve
    the problem.

    dan, Dec 1, 2004
  7. effi

    effi Guest

    i have yet to see if a dvd works in it,
    so the problem may include a nonworking dvd

    which obvioulsy might not be fixed with a cd-rw

    further research indicates it is may be a dirty unit inside causing the
    problem, solved by cleaning it

    effi, Dec 1, 2004