    is it me CD ROM?

    Thanks

    Tino

    teak, Jul 19, 2004

  2. "teak" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I don't know whether my CD ROM player is going down, but when I try
    > and load Windows98 SE it comes up after a while "You have intertupted
    > so and so."
    >
    > Actually, I didn't interupt anything. So, With constant interuptions
    > is it me CD ROM?

    Why do you think it's your CD-ROM if this error just comes up while Windows
    is loading?

    Patrick Michael, Jul 20, 2004

  3. teak

    teak Guest

    "Patrick Michael" <> wrote in message news:<LjZKc.11326$Wv4.6376@okepread03>...
    > "teak" <> wrote in message
    > > I don't know whether my CD ROM player is going down, but when I try
    > > and load Windows98 SE it comes up after a while "You have intertupted
    > > so and so."
    > >
    > > Actually, I didn't interupt anything. So, With constant interuptions
    > > is it me CD ROM?
    > >

    > Why do you think it's your CD-ROM if this error just comes up while Windows
    > is loading?

    What other way would I have to find out?

    Tino

    teak, Jul 20, 2004
  4. teak

    chris Guest

    Hi

    Are you "installing Windows 98 SE" or just starting the computer up?

    Chris

    chris, Jul 20, 2004
  5. On 20 Jul 2004 06:42:33 -0700, (teak) wrote:

    >"Patrick Michael" <> wrote in message news:<LjZKc.11326$Wv4.6376@okepread03>...
    >> "teak" <> wrote in message
    >> > I don't know whether my CD ROM player is going down, but when I try
    >> > and load Windows98 SE it comes up after a while "You have intertupted
    >> > so and so."
    >> >
    >> > Actually, I didn't interupt anything. So, With constant interuptions
    >> > is it me CD ROM?
    >> >

    >> Why do you think it's your CD-ROM if this error just comes up while Windows
    >> is loading?

    >What other way would I have to find out?
    >
    >Tino

    Remove the CD ROM drive from the system and try again?

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jul 20, 2004
  6. "teak" <> wrote in message
    > "Patrick Michael" <> wrote in message

    > > "teak" <> wrote in message
    > > > I don't know whether my CD ROM player is going down, but when I try
    > > > and load Windows98 SE it comes up after a while "You have intertupted
    > > > so and so."
    > > >
    > > > Actually, I didn't interupt anything. So, With constant interuptions
    > > > is it me CD ROM?
    > > >

    > > Why do you think it's your CD-ROM if this error just comes up while

    Windows
    > > is loading?

    > What other way would I have to find out?

    Well...disconnect the cables from the CD-ROM drive and see if the error
    still pops up? If it doesn't, then you know it's your CD-ROM Drive. If
    not, then it's something else.

    It almost sounds like a resource conflict...could you be more specific in
    the error message?

    Patrick Michael, Jul 21, 2004