    --
    Sincerely,

    John V. Boyle

    John V. Boyle, Oct 10, 2003

  2. John V. Boyle

    °Mike° Guest

    Make sure that you haven't disturbed/loosened the CD cables
    when you were working inside the box. Check all cables,
    and make sure they are seated snuggly.

    On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 02:05:46 GMT, in
    <_tohb.37463$>
    John V. Boyle scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 10, 2003

  3. Checked them a number of times, and they seem to be where they should.
    What's next?

    --
    Sincerely,

    John V. Boyle

    John V. Boyle, Oct 10, 2003
  4. John V. Boyle

    °Mike° Guest

    Please include some of the message you are replying to.

    Next? Have you physically removed and replaced the cables/cards?
    Not just look to see that "they seem to be where they should".

    On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 02:49:47 GMT, in
    <f7phb.37543$>
    John V. Boyle scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 10, 2003
  5. >Next? Have you physically removed and replaced the cables/cards?
    >Not just look to see that "they seem to be where they should".

    Yes, a couple of times.

    --
    Sincerely,

    John V. Boyle

    John V. Boyle, Oct 10, 2003
  6. John V. Boyle

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:19:00 GMT, in
    <8lyhb.33689$>
    John V. Boyle scrawled:

    >>Next? Have you physically removed and replaced the cables/cards?
    >>Not just look to see that "they seem to be where they should".

    >Yes, a couple of times.

    Boot into Safe Mode and remove any and ALL entries for
    your CDRW/DVD devices from Device Manager. Reboot
    and see if they are re-detected.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 10, 2003
  7. John V. Boyle

    Grimtooth Guest

    "John V. Boyle" <> wrote in message
    > >Next? Have you physically removed and replaced the cables/cards?
    > >Not just look to see that "they seem to be where they should".

    > Yes, a couple of times.
    >

    > --
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > John V. Boyle

    I am having this same problem, and I haven't opened my case at all.
    Actually, I started another post about it, because I hadn't seen this one,
    yet.

    Grimtooth, Oct 21, 2003
  8. Grimtooth wrote:
    > "John V. Boyle" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>>Next? Have you physically removed and replaced the cables/cards?
    >>>Not just look to see that "they seem to be where they should".

    >>Yes, a couple of times.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Sincerely,
    >>
    >>John V. Boyle
    >>

    > I am having this same problem, and I haven't opened my case at all.
    > Actually, I started another post about it, because I hadn't seen this one,
    > yet.

    I can't see the original post, but if this is WinXP, it's common and
    easy to fix.

    Can you pls provide the details, which are missing from view on some
    short-retention news servers?

    Tergiversative, Oct 21, 2003