    think) so is it possible there might be a problem there?

    anyone got any other ideas? or come across anything like this before?

    thanks a lot
    dave thomas, Apr 12, 2004

  2. dave thomas

    dave thomas Guest

    forgot to say, installed the game on a pc at work, and it works fine. so
    its not the cd at fault.

    cheers
    "dave thomas" <> wrote in message
    > hello
    >
    > trying to help a mate out here. he got new pc from pc world. pretty good
    > one, all the usual mid range spec.
    > he bought a cd rom for his little lad. a tweenies game. i installed it

    for
    > him and it seemed ok. theres a few different bits on it such as 'tour'

    and
    > 'help' etc, and these all work perfect.
    > but when you actually click to play the game, it just disappears, and

    resets
    > his desktop from the 1000X720 setting (or whatever it is) to the 960X600
    > setting. weird. but the games goes. he just cant play it!
    > ive asked mates about it, and theyve suggested making sure the video card
    > and monitor are selected properly in device manager. which they are.
    > also his pc suggested once i think, that there was a macromedia problem

    and

    dave thomas, Apr 12, 2004

  3. dave thomas wrote:

    > hello
    >
    > trying to help a mate out here. he got new pc from pc world. pretty good
    > one, all the usual mid range spec.
    > he bought a cd rom for his little lad. a tweenies game. i installed it for
    > him and it seemed ok. theres a few different bits on it such as 'tour' and
    > 'help' etc, and these all work perfect.
    > but when you actually click to play the game, it just disappears, and resets
    > his desktop from the 1000X720 setting (or whatever it is) to the 960X600
    > setting. weird. but the games goes. he just cant play it!
    > ive asked mates about it, and theyve suggested making sure the video card
    > and monitor are selected properly in device manager. which they are.
    > also his pc suggested once i think, that there was a macromedia problem and
    > he needed flash 4. it linked to the site and he installed it, (version 7 i
    > think) so is it possible there might be a problem there?
    >
    > anyone got any other ideas? or come across anything like this before?
    >
    > thanks a lot

    I don't know the game but if the machine is just using onboard video it
    may easily not be up to the job.
    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 12, 2004
  4. dave thomas

    dave thomas Guest

    really? not up to the job of a kids game? its a pentium 4, with 256
    memory, etc. forget what the graphics was. think it was intel something or
    other. mebbes onboard.

    you still say tits possible its not up to it? thought all mid to top of the
    range pc's these days could easily cope with a kids game no? surely a
    tweenies game would be pretty low tech?

    thanks a lot

    dave thomas, Apr 12, 2004
  5. dave thomas

    ICee Guest

    dave thomas wrote:
    > hello
    >
    > trying to help a mate out here. he got new pc from pc world. pretty
    > good one, all the usual mid range spec.
    > he bought a cd rom for his little lad. a tweenies game. i installed
    > it for him and it seemed ok. theres a few different bits on it such
    > as 'tour' and 'help' etc, and these all work perfect.
    > but when you actually click to play the game, it just disappears, and
    > resets his desktop from the 1000X720 setting (or whatever it is) to
    > the 960X600 setting. weird. but the games goes. he just cant play
    > it!
    > ive asked mates about it, and theyve suggested making sure the video
    > card and monitor are selected properly in device manager. which they
    > are.
    > also his pc suggested once i think, that there was a macromedia
    > problem and he needed flash 4. it linked to the site and he installed
    > it, (version 7 i think) so is it possible there might be a problem
    > there?
    >
    > anyone got any other ideas? or come across anything like this before?
    >
    > thanks a lot

    Does the box indicate what the minimum (video, memory, OS, DirectX
    version) requirements are, and does the system meet the requirements?
    ICee, Apr 12, 2004
  6. dave thomas

    dave thomas Guest

    will check in morning.

    thanks

    dave thomas, Apr 12, 2004
  7. dave thomas wrote:

    > really? not up to the job of a kids game? its a pentium 4, with 256
    > memory, etc. forget what the graphics was. think it was intel something or
    > other. mebbes onboard.
    >
    > you still say tits possible its not up to it? thought all mid to top of the
    > range pc's these days could easily cope with a kids game no? surely a
    > tweenies game would be pretty low tech?
    >
    > thanks a lot

    Look, some of these integrated mobos are less than 30GBP, the graphics
    really are pants. So yes, I really think that that could be the problem.
    If it was an old Direct X problem, I would expect the installation CD to
    fix it.

    Of course a top of the range machine will not have this problem but "mid
    range" can cover a multitude of sins. Too often the punter sees the
    price, the processor, memory and hard disk sizes and stops asking.

    Anyhow, if you were here, I would probably bet you a pint that this is
    what it turns out to be :)

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Apr 12, 2004