    computer does not read it.
    Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

    Ernie...........
    =?Utf-8?B?RXJuaWVW?=, Oct 24, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RXJuaWVW?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Did you install some new software. Suggest system restore if you did,
    especially Kodak EasyShare which has caused problems in the past

    John Barnes, Oct 24, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RXJuaWVW?=

    Theo Guest

    Why aren't you contacting the Tech Support of the company
    you purchased the computer from?

    Does any of this have anything to do with Windows x64?

    Theo, Oct 24, 2006
  4. John:
    Fully agree.
    The only thing that doesn't fit is the DVD ROM drive refusing to open.
    If system restore doesn't do it, I would power off, and try to reseat the
    data and power cables of both drives (if the OP has the skills and feels
    confident).
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 25, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?RXJuaWVW?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Fully agree. Probably an even better idea as they don't show in device
    manager. He also didn't say anything about whether they show up in POST.
    Would seem like the power cable of the DVD and maybe the motherboard
    connection of the data cable if both are on the same cable. Does seem like
    a lot of connections failed suddenly.

    John Barnes, Oct 25, 2006
  6. Perhaps he moved the machine.

    Colin Barnhorst, Oct 25, 2006