    Windows XP Pro

    Thank you!

    CD-ROM Drive not detecting any CD's?
    Leonardo, Aug 20, 2004

  2. Leonardo

    joevan Guest

    On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:29:08 -0400, Leonardo <>
    wrote:

    > Everything was working fine till last night now when I try to
    >play any kind of CD in my CD-ROM Drive it wont play when checking the
    >drive windows wont recognizes it but it says to Please insert a disk
    >in drive E but the CD is already there ...what could be going wrong?
    >Around the time this append I was trying to set up Exact Audio Copy
    >could this application have anything to do with this?
    >
    >I am running on
    > Intel Pentium lll
    > 868 MHz
    > 128 0f RAM
    > Windows XP Pro
    >
    >Thank you!
    >
    >CD-ROM Drive not detecting any CD's?

    What new programs have you added?
    Did you do a restart. What is Exact Audio Copy?
    Sounds like that has something to do with your problem.
    Remove it and try again.
    joevan
    joevan, Aug 20, 2004

  3. Leonardo

    Dimitris Guest

    If your CD-ROM is as old as your PC then it is propably cause it is just
    old. It must have reached EOL. First symptom of a dying CD-ROM is not
    reading recordable CDs. Then Audio CDs. (or vice-versa). Then it dies on
    you. Tough luck. Better consider buying a new one, if this is the case
    (which is most propable).
    Hope this helped.

    Dimitris, Aug 20, 2004
  4. Leonardo