    and says it is working properly. However when i insert any cd Disk it
    will not access it. Is there someting I need to set in Window 98 for
    it to see the disk?

    Paul L. Jennings, Sep 1, 2003

  2. Paul L. Jennings

    °Mike° Guest

    Are you talking about autorun, or viewing from within Windows
    Explorer?

    On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 00:43:42 GMT, in
    <>
    Paul L. Jennings scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 1, 2003

  3. Paul L. Jennings

    Suenet Guest

    > Are you talking about autorun, or viewing from within Windows
    > Explorer?
    >

    > On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 00:43:42 GMT, in
    > <>
    > Paul L. Jennings scrawled:
    >
    >>I have a machine that I have tried 6 different CD rom drives in and I
    >>can not get it to see a CD-Rom disk. It is detected in Bios as it
    >>boots up. Windows My computer showes the CD-rom icon and correct
    >>drive letter. In the windows device manager it lists the correct type
    >>and says it is working properly. However when i insert any cd Disk it
    >>will not access it. Is there someting I need to set in Window 98 for
    >>it to see the disk?

    Can you browse the contents of the disk using explorer.exe ?

    Suenet, Sep 1, 2003
  4. Paul L. Jennings

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 13:02:43 -0400, in
    <>
    Suenet scrawled:

    *****
    <My attribution restored, for clarity>
    In <> °Mike° wrote:
    *****

    >> Are you talking about autorun, or viewing from within Windows
    >> Explorer?
    >>

    >> On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 00:43:42 GMT, in
    >> <>
    >> Paul L. Jennings scrawled:
    >>
    >>>I have a machine that I have tried 6 different CD rom drives in and I
    >>>can not get it to see a CD-Rom disk. It is detected in Bios as it
    >>>boots up. Windows My computer showes the CD-rom icon and correct
    >>>drive letter. In the windows device manager it lists the correct type
    >>>and says it is working properly. However when i insert any cd Disk it
    >>>will not access it. Is there someting I need to set in Window 98 for
    >>>it to see the disk?

    >Can you browse the contents of the disk using explorer.exe ?

    I can browse absolutely fine, thank you very much.

    --
    "My drive is not dead."

    °Mike°, Sep 1, 2003
  5. It will not auto run or detect and show the CD's label under the Icon
    for the drive in my computer section of windows 98.

    Paul L. Jennings, Sep 2, 2003
  6. Paul L. Jennings

    °Mike° Guest

    Hang on a minute! You said:
    "Windows My computer showes the CD-rom icon and correct
    drive letter. In the windows device manager it lists the correct
    type and says it is working properly."

    You need to make your mind up.

    On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 21:39:17 GMT, in
    <>
    Paul L. Jennings scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 2, 2003
  7. In eather one it dose the same thing.
    It just shows the CD-rom Icon with the D drive designator under it.
    with a disk in the drive it dosen't show the disk lable, andwhen you
    double click the CD-rom Icon with the disk in the drive ir says D:\is
    not accessible the device is not ready. and your choices are Retry or
    Cancel.

    Paul L. Jennings, Sep 3, 2003