    The program needs to be installed since it is a workstation.

    Any fixes anyone?
    Tried all I can find...

    =?Utf-8?B?UmF5?=, May 9, 2006

  2. You have tried doing a system restore? Can you see the CD under Device
    Manager? If it is there, try uninstalling, reboot the system and see if
    Windows redetects it.

    Open Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > expand "DVD/CD-ROM
    drives" select your optical drive > right click it > click "Uninstall"
    restart.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 9, 2006

  3. Is it still showing up in the BIOS?
    www.coribright.com/Windows

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), May 9, 2006
  4. I can see the CD, but it has a warningsign on it, stating the drivers are
    loaded but that the device doesn't works.
    Uninstalling the device doesn't fix the problem.
    Windows redetects it, but it won't start.
    BIOS can find it. Works in XP for a while, then stops working.

    \\RaY

    =?Utf-8?B?UmF5?=, May 9, 2006
  5. Check the cables. Change the 80 wire one.
    www.coribright.com/Windows

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), May 9, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?UmF5?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Does it stop working each time you uninstall and reboot or has it continued
    to not be working since the original stop.
    You might list the drivers you have now, and do a driver rollback and
    compare them to see if any are different. Especially if it works for a
    while with the rollback.

    John Barnes, May 9, 2006
  7. It continues to not work after it does not work the first time.
    The only drivers it uses is Microsoft original drivers and no other drivers
    at all...
    There are no drivers to rollback to, which is a bit peculiar, since for a
    moment I got the CD to work with a system restore.

    =?Utf-8?B?UmF5?=, May 9, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?UmF5?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Carlos has offered the following before, and It seems worth a try for your
    situation. I personally deleted the filter part of the entry 6 months
    before this was posted and it solved my problem. As always use care and
    backup the registry before making changes. At least the entries you are
    going to change. You may want to look in your system logs. If I remember,
    the exact key that is causing your problem will be listed in an entry there.

    Good Luck.
    Quick fix (use with care!)
    There are 2 reg keys that can screw the device......remove them both and
    reboot......
    The keys are:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325
    -11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} - "Upperfilters" and "Lowerfilters".

    Darrell Gorter said later on:

    "Let's be a little careful here and understand what is happening before we
    post to delete those entries.
    We can break some installed applications and some functionality if we just
    delete the entire value.
    The upper and lower filters entries are available for viewing in device
    manager.
    open the properties of the device.
    In this case the CD-ROM or DVD drive.
    choose the details tab.
    scroll down the list.
    There will be 4 entries that come into play.
    Device Upper Filters
    Device Lower Filters
    Class Upper Filters
    Class Lower Filters
    What is recorded in the registry is listed under each item.

    Applications have installed these filter drivers which are attached to
    these devices.
    For example Cd-Burning or DVD-Burning software will install filter drivers
    most of the time.
    There can be any number of filter drivers installed per device.
    If we just delete the regisry entries we will potentially break some
    applications or functionality.

    I would recommend backing up or recording the entries first from each line
    so that we can replace them if we find other items are broken.
    More than likely we only want to remove one of the filter drivers that is
    causing the issue, not everything under the key.
    Plus if we can identify which items specifically to delete we can leave
    everything else in place and still working.
    If we just delete the entire key we may not easily be able to recover with
    out installing software. We could cause more issues than the one we are
    trying to resolve.
    For example you delete imapi filter entry in this case which is the
    cd-burning in Windows XP.
    You also delete the redbook filter entry which affects reading some cds.
    So it would be good to put some caution around this so that if we need to
    we can recover if needed."

    Carlos

    John Barnes, May 9, 2006
  9. Sounds like a hardware issue to me.
    Try replacing the drive (borrow, buy or steal one from a friend).
    Or...
    Delete the drive from Device Manager.
    Turn off the PC.
    Disconnect power and data cables from the drive.
    Turn on the PC and let Windows boot normally.
    Shutdown the PC after completing the boot sequence without the drive.
    Connect power and data cables again.
    Turn on (sorry, cross your fingers first) your PC.
    Pray.
    Good luck
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 9, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?UmF5?=

    chmacka

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    I have a 32 bit version of Windows. For some reason I had to reinstall it. When I did, there was no CD-ROM in my computer. (I can still start windows installation CD from BIOS.) In device manager I uninstalled it (it had exclamation mark). Then I chose scan for hardware changes (in device manager). After that it said it found a new hardware (ASUS DRW-1608P2S). I start the installation, everything goes fine and then it stops while copying storprop.dll. (I had to stop the process several times from the task manager and every time I restart the installation same thing happens. Any solutions to this problem?

    chmacka, Jan 12, 2009
  11. =?Utf-8?B?UmF5?=

    savil76

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    CD-Rom re-appear

    My CD-Rom disappeared too and I don't know so much about computers so
    I've got this little program from cdromdisappeared.com
    With one click it made my CD-Rom re-appear.
    Eric

    savil76, Apr 3, 2009