    tried to cut corners or something so I am left with the suspicion that this
    is a counterfeit album..........but then I can't believe that from CD WOW!
    Any comments?

    eugene, Nov 3, 2007

  2. eugene

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 16:20:32 -0000, "eugene" <> wrote:

    >Anybody able to explain this? I got the new eagles album this morning (from
    >CD WOW) and when I go to rip it onto my PC, there are no album details! It
    >shows up as an "Unknown Artist" and that's it! No track listings etc. This
    >is the first time I have ripped a CD that didn't have all the details
    >including the album sleeve. I just can't imagine that the record company has
    >tried to cut corners or something so I am left with the suspicion that this
    >is a counterfeit album..........but then I can't believe that from CD WOW!
    >Any comments?

    The track information you are talking about comes from a independent
    database. Has nothing to do with getting a fake or real CD.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cddb

    Evan Platt, Nov 3, 2007

  3. eugene

    eugene Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 16:20:32 -0000, "eugene" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Anybody able to explain this? I got the new eagles album this morning
    >>(from
    >>CD WOW) and when I go to rip it onto my PC, there are no album details! It
    >>shows up as an "Unknown Artist" and that's it! No track listings etc. This
    >>is the first time I have ripped a CD that didn't have all the details
    >>including the album sleeve. I just can't imagine that the record company
    >>has
    >>tried to cut corners or something so I am left with the suspicion that
    >>this
    >>is a counterfeit album..........but then I can't believe that from CD WOW!
    >>Any comments?

    > The track information you are talking about comes from a independent
    > database. Has nothing to do with getting a fake or real CD.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cddb

    Thanks. That was very interesting. I wonder why this album was missed
    though. Maybe it will appear later.

    eugene, Nov 3, 2007
  4. eugene

    who'sthat Guest

    On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 19:03:10 -0000, "eugene" <> wrote:

    >"Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 16:20:32 -0000, "eugene" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Anybody able to explain this? I got the new eagles album this morning
    >>>(from
    >>>CD WOW) and when I go to rip it onto my PC, there are no album details! It
    >>>shows up as an "Unknown Artist" and that's it! No track listings etc. This
    >>>is the first time I have ripped a CD that didn't have all the details
    >>>including the album sleeve. I just can't imagine that the record company
    >>>has
    >>>tried to cut corners or something so I am left with the suspicion that
    >>>this
    >>>is a counterfeit album..........but then I can't believe that from CD WOW!
    >>>Any comments?

    >> The track information you are talking about comes from a independent
    >> database. Has nothing to do with getting a fake or real CD.
    >>
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cddb
    >> --
    >> To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious from my e-mail address.

    >Thanks. That was very interesting. I wonder why this album was missed
    >though. Maybe it will appear later.

    My guess is YOUR Internet connection couldn't get through. Try it
    again and see what happens.

    who'sthat, Nov 4, 2007