    Now What can I do to stop this ???

    Pete
    Still waiting for the sodding college to set up the exams for A+
    Pete, Nov 1, 2003

  2. Make sure:
    a. You have them set to Master/Slave/CS per channel.
    b. Your BIOS is set to auto or the parameters of the drive.
    c. Your BIOS Supports the Type.
    d. Your IDE Cable is the right type (80 or 40 Pin depending on what the
    drive supports/requires)
    e. Updated drivers for BIOS/Windows from the manufacture.

    Philip

    "Pete" <pete.witty@"NO SPAM"blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi guys
    > I have just installed a CD Rewriter into a machine. I set it as
    > master on the second IDE controller. It work fine when I left, but the

    next
    > day the machine would load windows and was hanging at post.
    >
    > I checked the bios and the hard drive could not be seen, So Unplug the

    CDRW
    > and all worked fine !! so I plug it back in and it windows started the

    boot

    C. Philip Cutler II, Nov 3, 2003