    to pay £37+ for something which is caused by Microsoft.

    My CD writer will not recocnize CD RW's after installing XP SP2 and
    Microsoft want me to pay for a fix.
    BillH, Aug 30, 2005

  2. BillH

    Plato Guest

    BillH wrote:

    > Can anyone post a link to Microsoft Hotfix 883523 ? I am being asked
    > to pay £37+ for something which is caused by Microsoft.

    Who's asking you to pay?
    Plato, Aug 30, 2005

  3. BillH

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:10:43 +0100, BillH wrote:

    >Can anyone post a link to Microsoft Hotfix 883523 ? I am being asked

    Maybe not, some hotfixes are sent as a (time limited) , password
    protected update.

    >to pay £37+ for something which is caused by Microsoft.

    MS may not charge for a known issue a hotfix is for, it's different
    getting a hotfix for a new fault.

    >My CD writer will not recocnize CD RW's after installing XP SP2 and
    >Microsoft want me to pay for a fix.

    Me
    why?, Aug 30, 2005
  4. BillH

    BillH Guest

    On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:14:06 GMT, why?

    >On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:10:43 +0100, BillH wrote:
    >
    >>Can anyone post a link to Microsoft Hotfix 883523 ? I am being asked

    >Maybe not, some hotfixes are sent as a (time limited) , password
    >protected update.
    >
    >>to pay £37+ for something which is caused by Microsoft.

    >MS may not charge for a known issue a hotfix is for, it's different
    >getting a hotfix for a new fault.
    >
    >>My CD writer will not recocnize CD RW's after installing XP SP2 and
    >>Microsoft want me to pay for a fix.

    >Me

    Thanks
    BillH, Aug 30, 2005
  5. BillH

    B0B Guest

    B0B, Aug 31, 2005
  6. BillH

    old jon Guest

    "B0B" <> wrote in message

    > "BillH" <> wrote in message
    >> Can anyone post a link to Microsoft Hotfix 883523 ? I am being asked
    >> to pay £37+ for something which is caused by Microsoft.
    >>
    >> My CD writer will not recocnize CD RW's after installing XP SP2 and
    >> Microsoft want me to pay for a fix.

    > http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Patch/Q320174/WXP/EN-US/Q320174_WXP_SP1_x86_ENU.exe
    >
    > I have not tried to install it... I just googled Imapi.sys
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Bob

    It`s your writing software that`s playing up. Try re-installing\repairing
    it.
    best wishes..OJ
    old jon, Aug 31, 2005