    Music - for audio recording" media costs more than the regular kind.

    Just curious...

    - John R. Baker
    John R. Baker, Dec 8, 2004

  2. On 07 Dec 2004, John R. Baker scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > What is the difference between regular "CD-R" media and "CD-R
    > Music - for audio recording" media?
    >
    > Of course, the name says it all. Or does it?
    >
    > I've used regular "CD-R" media to record music, with no problems
    > at all.
    >
    > Can I record ordinary non-music files onto the "CD-R Music - for
    > audio recording" media? If I had to guess, I'd say, "yes".
    >
    > Perhaps the "CD-R Music - for audio recording" media is made with
    > premium materials, with tighter quality control, but otherwise
    > equal. The "CD-R Music - for audio recording" media costs more
    > than the regular kind.
    >
    > Just curious...
    >
    > - John R. Baker

    Take a look at this, it should explain it for you:

    http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=258223

    and here (make sure your pop-up stopper is on):

    http://club.cdfreaks.com/lite/t-47885.html

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    BEER!!11!! The Staff of Life
    The Old Sourdough, Dec 8, 2004

  3. John R. Baker

    sethra Guest

    John R. Baker wrote in news:Zwvtd.154272$V41.92489@attbi_s52:

    > What is the difference between regular "CD-R" media and "CD-R Music - for
    > audio recording" media?

    The only difference is "audio" blanks already have a bit set which allows
    them to work in standalone cd copiers -- the standalone copier looks for
    this bit, and won't use a cd that doesn't have it, thus only "audio" blanks
    work in them and regular data cds don't.

    Your burner doesn't look for or recognize this bit, so there's no
    difference to it whether you use "audio" blanks or data blanks.

    The "audio" blanks also have some sort of tax figured into the price, which
    goes to the record companies, not the artists.

    --
    ~sethra
    sethra, Dec 8, 2004
  4. "The Old Sourdough" <sameas@above> wrote in message
    > On 07 Dec 2004, John R. Baker scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    > > What is the difference between regular "CD-R" media and "CD-R
    > > Music - for audio recording" media?
    > >
    > > Of course, the name says it all. Or does it?
    > >
    > > I've used regular "CD-R" media to record music, with no problems
    > > at all.
    > >
    > > Can I record ordinary non-music files onto the "CD-R Music - for
    > > audio recording" media? If I had to guess, I'd say, "yes".
    > >
    > > Perhaps the "CD-R Music - for audio recording" media is made with
    > > premium materials, with tighter quality control, but otherwise
    > > equal. The "CD-R Music - for audio recording" media costs more
    > > than the regular kind.
    > >
    > > Just curious...
    > >
    > > - John R. Baker
    > >

    > Take a look at this, it should explain it for you:
    >
    > http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=258223
    >
    > and here (make sure your pop-up stopper is on):
    >
    > http://club.cdfreaks.com/lite/t-47885.html
    >
    > --
    > The Old Sourdough
    > BEER!!11!! The Staff of Life

    Thanks for the links, T.O.S. It's all clear now.

    - John R. Baker

    P.S. $#^%$&&# pop-ups!
    John R. Baker, Dec 8, 2004
  5. "sethra" <> wrote in message
    > John R. Baker wrote in news:Zwvtd.154272$V41.92489@attbi_s52:
    >
    > > What is the difference between regular "CD-R" media and "CD-R Music -

    for
    > > audio recording" media?

    > The only difference is "audio" blanks already have a bit set which allows
    > them to work in standalone cd copiers -- the standalone copier looks for
    > this bit, and won't use a cd that doesn't have it, thus only "audio"

    blanks
    > work in them and regular data cds don't.
    >
    > Your burner doesn't look for or recognize this bit, so there's no
    > difference to it whether you use "audio" blanks or data blanks.
    >
    > The "audio" blanks also have some sort of tax figured into the price,

    which
    > goes to the record companies, not the artists.
    >
    > --
    > ~sethra

    sethra,

    Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense.

    - John R. Baker
    John R. Baker, Dec 8, 2004
  6. On 08 Dec 2004, John R. Baker scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "The Old Sourdough" <sameas@above> wrote in message

    snip
    >> Take a look at this, it should explain it for you:
    >>
    >> http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=258223
    >>
    >> and here (make sure your pop-up stopper is on):
    >>
    >> http://club.cdfreaks.com/lite/t-47885.html

    snip

    > Thanks for the links, T.O.S. It's all clear now.
    >
    > - John R. Baker
    >
    > P.S. $#^%$&&# pop-ups!

    You're welcome, and yeah, my popup blocker went nuts, one after
    another!

    :p

    --
    The Old Sourdough