    buying different discs each time, assuming that it was the quality of the
    disc itself. But I'm beginning to believe that the drive is bad. Has anyone
    else ever run into anything like this?

    Skip Gorski, Nov 17, 2003

  2. Skip Gorski

    PJB Guest

    "Skip Gorski" <> wrote in message
    news:Ol4ub.5$...
    > I have a CD-R drive (don't remember the make off-hand) and

    am running Roxio
    > under WinXP. I have purchased three different spindles of

    100 CD-R discs,
    > and every time more than half of the discs appear to be

    bad. When I try to
    > record on them, Roxio tells me that there is no disc in

    the drive. I've been
    > buying different discs each time, assuming that it was the

    quality of the
    > disc itself. But I'm beginning to believe that the drive

    is bad. Has anyone
    > else ever run into anything like this?

    Have had a Lite-on 40x drive for ages, using Nero, never had
    a coaster yet, in over 8 100 spindles of varying brands ;-)

    P.

    PJB, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Skip Gorski

    Mellowed Guest

    I had a similar problem when the CD-R drive was a 4X and my media was 10X.
    All problem disappeared with slower media. If your CD-R drive is old,
    verify its speed.

    : I have a CD-R drive (don't remember the make off-hand) and am running
    Roxio
    : under WinXP. I have purchased three different spindles of 100 CD-R discs,
    : and every time more than half of the discs appear to be bad. When I try to
    : record on them, Roxio tells me that there is no disc in the drive. I've
    been
    : buying different discs each time, assuming that it was the quality of the
    : disc itself. But I'm beginning to believe that the drive is bad. Has
    anyone
    : else ever run into anything like this?
    :
    :

    Mellowed, Nov 17, 2003
  4. Skip Gorski

    solaris Guest

    This is actually a common problem, not just with Roxio. I've had this
    error and a few others (file type not recognized, not finding files on
    source cd).
    Roxio seems to be more prone to these errors, try another program like
    Nero or Pinnacle Instant Copy.
    Your drive is probably not at fault.
    You can try uninstalling Roxio and reinstalling it. It could have
    become corrupted.

    solaris, Nov 17, 2003
  5. Skip Gorski

    Otis Wengatz Guest

    "Skip Gorski" <> wrote in

    > I have a CD-R drive (don't remember the make off-hand) and am running
    > Roxio

    Roxio *sucks*

    > under WinXP.

    especially under WinXP.

    > I have purchased three different spindles of 100
    > CD-R discs, and every time more than half of the discs appear to be
    > bad. When I try to record on them, Roxio tells me that there is no
    > disc in the drive. I've been buying different discs each time,
    > assuming that it was the quality of the disc itself. But I'm beginning
    > to believe that the drive is bad. Has anyone else ever run into
    > anything like this?

    No, and I burn quite a few cdrs.

    I'm in the UK, and have been using spindles from Jessops (the photo people)
    20UKP for 100.

    Otis Wengatz, Nov 18, 2003