    and at that point have 100 CD-R's all over the place. Has anyone seen just
    the plastic spindles that I might purchase to load these "loose" CD-R's on
    to?

    anon, Dec 27, 2003

  2. anon

    Stace Guest

    "anon" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm sure that everyone has seen the 100 or 50 count CD-R bulk towers that
    > are now on the retail market, i.e., Staples, etc. The product is

    basically
    > held together by the protective plastic wrapper. In the past I've been

    able
    > to purchase CD-R bulk towers but they would at least have a plastic

    spindle
    > in the middle. To complicate matters, I now need to get the UCP code off
    > the CD-R's that I bought my wife for Christmas (IMIX) to get the rebate.

    > get the UCP code I'm going to have to remove the plastic wrapper

    altogether
    > and at that point have 100 CD-R's all over the place. Has anyone seen

    just
    > the plastic spindles that I might purchase to load these "loose" CD-R's on
    > to?

    What's wrong with simply using a piece of garden cane?

    Stace.

    Stace, Dec 27, 2003

  3. anon

    anon Guest

    What exactly is "garden cane"?

    anon, Dec 27, 2003
  4. anon

    MrToad Guest

    "anon" <> Ran in the back door and shouted

    > I'm sure that everyone has seen the 100 or 50 count CD-R bulk towers
    > that are now on the retail market, i.e., Staples, etc. The product is
    > basically held together by the protective plastic wrapper. In the
    > past I've been able to purchase CD-R bulk towers but they would at
    > least have a plastic spindle in the middle. To complicate matters, I
    > now need to get the UCP code off the CD-R's that I bought my wife for
    > Christmas (IMIX) to get the rebate. To get the UCP code I'm going to
    > have to remove the plastic wrapper altogether and at that point have
    > 100 CD-R's all over the place. Has anyone seen just the plastic
    > spindles that I might purchase to load these "loose" CD-R's on to?

    I never throw out my old spindles just for that reason, however, here's
    what you're looking for:
    http://www.oscaroscar.com/pp_HWS-100.asp

    --
    MrToad

    MrToad, Dec 27, 2003
  5. "anon" wrote on 27/12/2003 :-
    > I'm sure that everyone has seen the 100 or 50 count CD-R bulk towers that
    > are now on the retail market, i.e., Staples, etc. The product is basically
    > held together by the protective plastic wrapper. In the past I've been able
    > to purchase CD-R bulk towers but they would at least have a plastic spindle
    > in the middle. To complicate matters, I now need to get the UCP code off
    > the CD-R's that I bought my wife for Christmas (IMIX) to get the rebate. To
    > get the UCP code I'm going to have to remove the plastic wrapper altogether
    > and at that point have 100 CD-R's all over the place. Has anyone seen just
    > the plastic spindles that I might purchase to load these "loose" CD-R's on
    > to?

    You can buy plastic cases made for the job, which have a spindle down
    the middle and cover which keeps the dust out. They are quite cheap and
    come in 25, 50 and 100 CD versions.

    --
    Regards,
    Harry (M1BYT)...

    Remove the 'NOSPAM' in my email address to reply.

    Free Amateur Radio Courses:-
    http://www.ukradioamateur.org

    Harry Bloomfield, Dec 27, 2003
  6. anon

    Mara Guest

    http://www.elmarplastics.com/spindles.htm

    --
    There are three types of people in this world - those who see the light,
    those who don't, and those who get a brief glance of it just as I slam

    Mara, Dec 27, 2003
  7. anon

    M Mullen Guest

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 11:47:21 -0500, "anon" <> wrote:

    |> I'm sure that everyone has seen the 100 or 50 count CD-R bulk towers that
    |> are now on the retail market, i.e., Staples, etc. The product is basically
    |> held together by the protective plastic wrapper. In the past I've been able
    |> to purchase CD-R bulk towers but they would at least have a plastic spindle
    |> in the middle. To complicate matters, I now need to get the UCP code off
    |> the CD-R's that I bought my wife for Christmas (IMIX) to get the rebate. To
    |> get the UCP code I'm going to have to remove the plastic wrapper altogether
    |> and at that point have 100 CD-R's all over the place. Has anyone seen just
    |> the plastic spindles that I might purchase to load these "loose" CD-R's on
    |> to?

    WalMart 50 disk on a spindle with dust cover less than $10. Even come in
    different colors.

    :) now you'll have protected blanks and unprotected burns.
    --
    ,,
    ( "> w

    M Mullen, Dec 28, 2003
  8. anon

    Paul Blarmy Guest

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 12:03:29 -0500, anon wrote...

    > What exactly is "garden cane"?

    Bamboo cane or an artificial equivalent.

    Not sure that it would do the job however, the natural bamboo tends not
    to be as straight as you would want and you might have trouble dropping
    your CD's over the 'knobbly' bits!

    --
    EMail address is disposable and NEVER checked.
    Outgoing message is certified VIRUS FREE by

    Paul Blarmy, Dec 28, 2003