    onto CDs. Apparantly there is an inexpensive Casio printer that works well.

    Any suggestions for suppliers.?

    NZed
    NZed, Aug 25, 2003

  2. NZed

    PJ Guest

    "NZed" <> wrote in message
    news:EJl2b.13760$...
    > Does anyone know who stocks CD printers.ie printers which print directly
    > onto CDs. Apparantly there is an inexpensive Casio printer that works

    well.

    > Any suggestions for suppliers.?
    >
    > NZed

    is this it?
    PJ, Aug 25, 2003

  3. NZed

    Dave Guest

    "NZed" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know who stocks CD printers.ie printers which print directly
    > onto CDs. Apparantly there is an inexpensive Casio printer that works

    well.

    > Any suggestions for suppliers.?
    >
    > NZed

    The Casio CW50 is the only "cheap" one I could find and the same unit is
    marketed under another name too.
    The NZ import agents told me they did not intend to import the unit into NZ.
    This was......about 3 or 4 months ago. I can't even remember the import
    agents at present even having phoned them!
    They'd sell very well for sure if fairly priced. There were 4 ink colours
    available.(It's a Thermal printer)
    DW
    Dave, Aug 25, 2003
  4. On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 23:19:42 +1200, "PJ" <> wrote:

    >"NZed" <> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone know who stocks CD printers.ie printers which print directly
    >> onto CDs. Apparantly there is an inexpensive Casio printer that works

    >well.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions for suppliers.?
    >>
    >> NZed
    >>

    >is this it?
    >http://www.ascent.co.nz/mn-product-spec.asp?pid=113026

    Seems that it can only print a Title and nothing else..
    Robert Kramer, Aug 26, 2003
  5. You're thinking of Monaco Distributors. I rang them as well. I saw the
    product on the TVSN show (Prime). They wanted about $250 for one. Monaco
    said that they weren't bringing them in because they weren't cost
    effective = can't make enough profit and being sold direct from Aussie.

    Steve Finucane

    Steve Finucane, Aug 26, 2003
  6. NZed

    Bob McLellan Guest

    I looked into this some time back. I ended up of the opinion that the
    cheap cheap printers were doubtful when it came to quality, the cheap
    (>$1k) were rare and also of doubtful quality which left the not cheap
    (>$3k).

    Bob McLellan, Aug 26, 2003
  7. NZed

    Mainlander Guest

    If you can see light through the CD when you hold it up to the light,
    does that mean the adhesive on the label has probably dissolved the
    protective coating on top of the disc?
    Mainlander, Aug 29, 2003
  8. NZed

    Brenton Guest

    "NZed" wrote

    > Does anyone know who stocks CD printers.ie printers which print directly
    > onto CDs. Apparantly there is an inexpensive Casio printer that works well.
    >
    > Any suggestions for suppliers.?

    I know of several, and I am currently negotiating with the importers
    to act as an agent for them in the lower North Island.

    They are not cheap (the ones I am interested in), they come in at
    about $3k - they are professional quality.

    I have no knowledge of the cheaper ones at all, sorry.

    If you are interested, drop me an email and I will send you the
    details.

    Cheers,

    Brenton
    Brenton, Aug 29, 2003
  9. On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 21:05:58 +1200, Mainlander wrote:

    > If you can see light through the CD when you hold it up to the light,
    > does that mean the adhesive on the label has probably dissolved the
    > protective coating on top of the disc?

    No. If you hold a brand new disc up to the light you'll see why. There's
    some translucency involved.

    (Stamped or CDR)

    --
    There are 2 sorts of email opt-in lists:
    2: Fraud
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Aug 29, 2003
  10. NZed

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>, alanb+google4
    @digistar.com says...
    > On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 21:05:58 +1200, Mainlander wrote:
    >
    > > If you can see light through the CD when you hold it up to the light,
    > > does that mean the adhesive on the label has probably dissolved the
    > > protective coating on top of the disc?

    > No. If you hold a brand new disc up to the light you'll see why. There's
    > some translucency involved.

    I have lots of CD Rs here, none of them pass anything as much light. In
    fact you can see pretty clearly through this disc.
    Mainlander, Aug 31, 2003
  11. On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 13:23:26 +1200, Mainlander wrote:

    >> > If you can see light through the CD when you hold it up to the light,
    >> > does that mean the adhesive on the label has probably dissolved the
    >> > protective coating on top of the disc?

    >> No. If you hold a brand new disc up to the light you'll see why. There's
    >> some translucency involved.

    > I have lots of CD Rs here, none of them pass anything as much light. In
    > fact you can see pretty clearly through this disc.

    In that case you may be right, but you forgot to mention how much light in
    the first post, or if you'd compared with virgin disks.

    Uncle StoatWarbler, Aug 31, 2003
  12. NZed

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>, alanb+google4
    @digistar.com says...

    > >> No. If you hold a brand new disc up to the light you'll see why. There's
    > >> some translucency involved.

    > > I have lots of CD Rs here, none of them pass anything as much light. In
    > > fact you can see pretty clearly through this disc.

    > In that case you may be right, but you forgot to mention how much light in
    > the first post, or if you'd compared with virgin disks.

    It still works anyway so maybe there is nothing wrong with it (this is an
    audio disc)
    Mainlander, Sep 2, 2003