    BTW the CD is Neil Young "Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere" (Not BMG)

    TIA

    Norm
    Norm, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Norm

    °Mike° Guest

    Use Winamp, and dump that crappy CD player.
    http://winamp.com/

    I would go for Winamp 2.9, if I were you.
    http://www27.brinkster.com/winampheaven/

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:58:09 GMT, in
    <lIRQb.10621$>
    Norm scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 25, 2004

  3. Norm

    wisefool Guest

    °Mike° said:
    > Use Winamp, and dump that crappy CD player.
    > http://winamp.com/
    >
    > I would go for Winamp 2.9, if I were you.
    > http://www27.brinkster.com/winampheaven/

    Rationale: CD Player can only see a limited number of
    CD album/track information. This aspect of the program
    is particularly crap because it doesn't even warn you that
    it is only using some of the information you stick in the
    config files.

    wisefool
    wisefool, Jan 25, 2004
  4. Norm

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 20:12:04 -0000, wisefool wrote:

    >°Mike° said:
    >> Use Winamp, and dump that crappy CD player.
    >> http://winamp.com/
    >>
    >> I would go for Winamp 2.9, if I were you.
    >> http://www27.brinkster.com/winampheaven/
    >>

    >Rationale: CD Player can only see a limited number of
    >CD album/track information. This aspect of the program
    >is particularly crap because it doesn't even warn you that
    >it is only using some of the information you stick in the
    >config files.
    >
    >wisefool

    Winamp 2.91 would be the answer, then. I just finished testing version 5 on this
    box. Gak. I went back to 2.91 and will stay there.

    --
    If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once
    in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things. --Rene Descartes
    Mara, Jan 25, 2004
  5. Norm

    Norm Guest

    Thanks for the input.

    I burned a copy of the disc and CDPlayer reads that just fine.

    Go figure!
    Norm, Jan 25, 2004