    How can I have users install with only one CD?

    Pablo
    MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, MCSD

    Pablo Oktavio, Sep 15, 2004

  2. Pablo Oktavio

    Talyn Guest

    And your an MCSE?

    Talyn

    Talyn, Sep 15, 2004

  3. Pablo Oktavio

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    "Talyn" <> wrote in message
    > And your an MCSE?
    >
    > Talyn

    Piggybacked due to plonked anonymii...

    Pablo, the best way to get all your users up to date with Win2K SP4 is to
    have them install Kazaa (or any other file-sharing system) and download
    Win2K, and burn it to a CD. This way, each user will have his/her own copy
    of Win2K, and you needn't worry about having only one CD.

    HTH.

    --

    KB

    first initial last name AT gmail DOT com

    Ken Briscoe, Sep 15, 2004
  4. Yes, but only for SQL 7.0, MCSE 2000, MCSD VB 5-6

    Pablo Oktavio, Sep 15, 2004
  5. Pablo Oktavio

    techgrl Guest

    You're freakin kiddin me -- right????

    techgrl, Sep 15, 2004
  6. Pablo Oktavio

    Talyn Guest

    Are you installing just the service pack or are you
    installing all of the OS?

    Talyn

    Talyn, Sep 15, 2004
  7. circa Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:58:23 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Pablo Oktavio
    () said,
    > Hello - I want to install Windows 2000 SP4 for users but
    > only have one CD.
    >
    > How can I have users install with only one CD?
    >
    > Pablo
    > MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, MCSD

    Two words: network share.

    <sigh>

    Laura
    -Oscar Wilde

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 16, 2004
  8. I hope you are not dealing with anything important on
    your network that has to deal with national security, or
    people's lives. I would suggest you find a way to send
    in your lapel pin, since you have disgraced it so badly.
    I am going to have to assume with a question like that
    you are not the go to person; you are the grab your
    computer and run from person.

    Stop him before he fixes it so it doesn't work.

    Tired_of_stupid_questions, Sep 16, 2004
  9. Pablo Oktavio

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again Laura A. Robinson <>
    spewed in news::

    > circa Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:58:23 -0700, in
    > microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Pablo Oktavio
    > () said,
    >> Hello - I want to install Windows 2000 SP4 for users but
    >> only have one CD.
    >>
    >> How can I have users install with only one CD?
    >>
    >> Pablo
    >> MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, MCSD
    >>

    > Two words: network share.
    >
    > <sigh>
    >
    > Laura

    *weeps*

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Sep 16, 2004
  10. Pablo Oktavio

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again "Pablo Oktavio"
    <> spewed in news:2f3c01c49b66$bcd2fd50
    $:

    > Hello - I want to install Windows 2000 SP4 for users but
    > only have one CD.
    >
    > How can I have users install with only one CD?
    >
    > Pablo
    > MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, MCSD

    *shakes head at floor*

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Sep 16, 2004
  11. Pablo Oktavio

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Pablo Oktavio climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:

    > Hello - I want to install Windows 2000 SP4 for users but
    > only have one CD.
    >
    > How can I have users install with only one CD?
    >
    > Pablo
    > MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, MCSD

    *F'n MS filters*

    *Try it again, sanitized*

    Take your certs, put them in an envelope and return them to Microsoft
    along
    with a note apologising for being a braindumping fsckwit.

    Then go to your boss and tell him you are sorry for representing yourself
    as an MCSE/A and offer to resign so he can hire somone qualified to do
    the
    fscking job.

    Well, that's what you should do if you weren't a troll. But even a
    braindumper would have picked this up by osmosis.

    Right?

    JaR
    Unhooked Thug

    JaR, Sep 16, 2004
  12. Well I guess I ask MCSA newsgroup, they are smart there,
    not hopeless people like the MCSE want to bes that you are.

    Pablo
    (no braindump MCSE)

    Pablo Oktavio, Sep 16, 2004
  13. Pablo Oktavio

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again "Pablo Oktavio"
    <> spewed in news:059c01c49b84
    $b764ee50$:

    > Well I guess I ask MCSA newsgroup, they are smart there,
    > not hopeless people like the MCSE want to bes that you are.
    >
    > Pablo
    > (no braindump MCSE)

    gosh, I feel so hurt. me and my poor MCT, MCSE 4 times over, MCSA times
    2, MCDBA on sql2k, and all that other junk will just have to go over into
    the corner and weep, all the while knowing that THE FRIGGIN MCP WAS
    ENOUGH TO TEACH ME HOW TO SHARE A FOLDER! Thanks for coming...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Sep 16, 2004
  14. Pablo Oktavio

    Talyn Guest

    This is great news guys. I have finally the proof needed
    to make my dog an MCSE.
    Now all I need to do is figure out how to place the pin
    correctly on her chain so that all the other doggie MCSE
    wanna be's can see how much better she is. Get her a damn
    job! <lazy mut anyway>

    Damn that means I will have double income for once in my
    life. Sweet!

    Talyn

    Talyn, Sep 16, 2004
  15. Pablo Oktavio

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Neil <> wrote in

    > gosh, I feel so hurt. me and my poor MCT, MCSE 4 times over, MCSA
    > times 2, MCDBA on sql2k, and all that other junk will just have to go
    > over into the corner and weep, all the while knowing that THE FRIGGIN
    > MCP WAS ENOUGH TO TEACH ME HOW TO SHARE A FOLDER! Thanks for coming...

    what is a "SHARE A FOLDER"? i don't understand you!! wait.. you mean

    "DIVIDE a SHIRT"

    or

    "IT DIVIDES one SHIRT"

    or perhaps

    "Share the holder"

    or maybe

    "It shares the holder"

    what are you trying to tell me! i don't understand you!!!!!!!!!!!

    --
    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/

    Rowdy Yates, Sep 16, 2004
  16. Pablo Oktavio

    catwalker63 Guest

    Neil <> prattled ceaslessly in

    > babbling on and on again Laura A. Robinson
    > <> spewed in
    >
    >> circa Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:58:23 -0700, in
    >> microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Pablo Oktavio
    >> () said,
    >>> Hello - I want to install Windows 2000 SP4 for users but
    >>> only have one CD.
    >>>
    >>> How can I have users install with only one CD?
    >>>
    >>> Pablo
    >>> MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, MCSD
    >>>

    >> Two words: network share.
    >>
    >> <sigh>
    >>
    >> Laura

    > *weeps*

    *passes out tissues*

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "If you think I'm hostile now, wait 'til you see me tonight."

    catwalker63, Sep 16, 2004
  17. Pablo Oktavio

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again catwalker63 <> spewed
    in news:Xns9565CF3FD7306catwalker63athotmail@216.196.97.136:

    > *passes out tissues*

    *HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK!!!!!!!!*

    thanks...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Sep 16, 2004
  18. Pablo Oktavio

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again Rowdy Yates
    <> spewed in

    > what is a "SHARE A FOLDER"? i don't understand you!! wait.. you mean

    you need to go back to kindergarten and learn how to share

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Sep 16, 2004
  19. Pablo Oktavio

    Dragon Guest

    Don't listen to others. They try to confuse.

    Simply photocopy the bottom side of your CD. Take the photocopy and re-scan
    it with a scanner into your computer. Now you should have a perfect copy of
    the image. Use any shareware OCR software and it will recognize all the bits
    (you know 0's and 1's) and create a file for you. Rename the file with an
    extension .iso. Use a burner and software to burn the ISO to a CD. Now you
    will have two CDs. Repeat the whole process as needed. Just remember to not
    use the same ISO to make multiple copies or you will have SID issues.

    Dragon, Sep 16, 2004
  20. Pablo Oktavio

    Guest Guest

    You have a MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, and MCSD and can't figure
    out that with one CD you can walk around the whole
    company and manually install it on each computer?

    Guest, Sep 16, 2004