    What do you do with the horrible polyprop cases? I have dozens, which I'd
    have to cut up so they don't take up a whole rubbish bag. Is there any way
    to recycle 'em? CCC won't take them.
    toproblog, Jun 22, 2007

  2. toproblog

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 14:19:29 +1200, "toproblog" <>
    exclaimed:

    >What do you do with the horrible polyprop cases? I have dozens, which I'd
    >have to cut up so they don't take up a whole rubbish bag. Is there any way
    >to recycle 'em? CCC won't take them.

    Q: How much do rubbish bags cost? $1?

    Q: How much is an hour of your time worth, cutting up a bunch of CD
    spindle cases?

    The answer to your predicament should become apparent...
    Fred Dagg, Jun 22, 2007

  3. toproblog

    peterwn Guest

    toproblog wrote:
    > What do you do with the horrible polyprop cases? I have dozens, which I'd
    > have to cut up so they don't take up a whole rubbish bag. Is there any way
    > to recycle 'em? CCC won't take them.

    Buy a pack of CD's / DVD's without spindle (eg from Quay Computers) and
    stick them on an old spindle.
    peterwn, Jun 22, 2007
  4. toproblog

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "toproblog" <> wrote in

    > What do you do with the horrible polyprop cases? I have dozens, which
    > I'd have to cut up so they don't take up a whole rubbish bag. Is there
    > any way to recycle 'em? CCC won't take them.

    Use them as toilet paper towel holders. I think that is one I saw at
    make.com or whatever that site is called.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Jun 22, 2007
  5. toproblog

    toproblog Guest

    Yeah, that'll work, I'll talk to a crafty friend.

    toproblog, Jun 22, 2007
  6. toproblog

    Paul Guest

    You could use them for carrying donuts in so they don't get crushed in your
    bag and you could even use the clear packing CD to seperate them so they
    don't stick together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

    Paul, Jun 22, 2007
  7. toproblog

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Paul wrote:
    > You could use them for carrying donuts in so they don't get crushed
    > in your bag and you could even use the clear packing CD to seperate
    > them so they don't stick together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

    LOL!! Are you a policeman?
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Jun 22, 2007
  8. toproblog

    Gib Bogle Guest

    toproblog wrote:
    > What do you do with the horrible polyprop cases? I have dozens, which I'd
    > have to cut up so they don't take up a whole rubbish bag. Is there any way
    > to recycle 'em? CCC won't take them.

    Save them up until you have enough to build a house with them.
    Gib Bogle, Jun 23, 2007
  9. toproblog

    Jerry Guest

    toproblog wrote:
    > What do you do with the horrible polyprop cases? I have dozens, which I'd
    > have to cut up so they don't take up a whole rubbish bag. Is there any way
    > to recycle 'em? CCC won't take them.

    I wonder if you could use one for the base of a small tesla coil.
    Jerry, Jun 23, 2007
  10. In message <f5fbfv$9ul$>, toproblog wrote:

    > I have dozens, which I'd
    > have to cut up so they don't take up a whole rubbish bag.

    Things like this I get rid of bit by bit, some in the rubbish this week,
    some more next week...
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 23, 2007
  11. toproblog

    Ross Guest

    On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 15:35:37 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote:

    >In message <f5fbfv$9ul$>, toproblog wrote:
    >
    >> I have dozens, which I'd
    >> have to cut up so they don't take up a whole rubbish bag.

    >Things like this I get rid of bit by bit, some in the rubbish this week,
    >some more next week...

    Just burn them if you have a fireplace or incinerator.
    Help combat global cooling.
    Ross, Jun 23, 2007
  12. toproblog

    Richard Guest

    toproblog wrote:
    > What do you do with the horrible polyprop cases? I have dozens, which I'd
    > have to cut up so they don't take up a whole rubbish bag. Is there any way
    > to recycle 'em? CCC won't take them.

    Move to a council area that does take polyprop?

    I would much rather they come in a PP case then in something crap like
    PS or PVC.
    Richard, Jun 24, 2007
  13. toproblog

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Ross <> wrote in

    > Just burn them if you have a fireplace or incinerator.
    > Help combat global cooling.

    I thought burning plastic was bad?

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Jun 24, 2007
  14. In message <Xns9959E81A5A688daveytaynospamplshot@203.97.37.6>, Dave Taylor
    wrote:

    > Ross <> wrote in
    >
    >> Just burn them if you have a fireplace or incinerator.
    >> Help combat global cooling.

    > I thought burning plastic was bad?

    Incinerators can burn things hot enough to decompose even toxic gas
    emissions.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 24, 2007
  15. toproblog

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <Xns9959E81A5A688daveytaynospamplshot@203.97.37.6>, Dave
    > Taylor wrote:
    >
    > > Ross <> wrote in
    > >
    > > > Just burn them if you have a fireplace or incinerator.
    > > > Help combat global cooling.

    > > I thought burning plastic was bad?

    > Incinerators can burn things hot enough to decompose even toxic gas
    > emissions.

    How many people do you think have access to such an incinerator?
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Jun 25, 2007
  16. toproblog

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dave Taylor wrote:
    > Ross <> wrote in
    >
    > > Just burn them if you have a fireplace or incinerator.
    > > Help combat global cooling.

    > I thought burning plastic was bad?

    It is, I think Ross was being facetious.
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Jun 25, 2007
  17. toproblog

    Ross Guest

    On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 13:03:56 +1200, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:

    >Dave Taylor wrote:
    >> Ross <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > Just burn them if you have a fireplace or incinerator.
    >> > Help combat global cooling.

    >> I thought burning plastic was bad?

    >It is, I think Ross was being facetious.

    Not really. Just check your local by-laws regarding incinerators.

    And yes - I would appreciate more people joining the fight against
    global cooling. See www.nzcpd.com/weekly87.htm
    Ross, Jun 25, 2007