    The good the bad and the fucking ugly?

    Anyone have one, used one and have anything to say about one?

    What's the worst thing about them?
    canon paora, Feb 28, 2007

  2. canon paora

    Jerry Guest

    canon paora wrote:
    > The good the bad and the fucking ugly?
    >
    > Anyone have one, used one and have anything to say about one?
    >
    > What's the worst thing about them?

    I have a Canon IP4000R with nothing bad to say. The printer is
    wireless, or ethernet but out of production now.
    Jerry, Feb 28, 2007

  3. canon paora

    Chris Lim Guest

    On Feb 28, 7:13 pm, "canon paora" <> wrote:
    > The good the bad and the fucking ugly?
    >
    > Anyone have one, used one and have anything to say about one?
    >
    > What's the worst thing about them?

    I have a Canon i865, which is quite an old model but still works
    great. The worst thing about it? Ummm, I guess you have to buy ink for
    it, that's a pain.
    Chris Lim, Feb 28, 2007
  4. canon paora

    Geoff M Guest

    On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 20:29:55 +1300, Jerry wrote:

    > canon paora wrote:
    >> The good the bad and the fucking ugly?
    >>
    >> Anyone have one, used one and have anything to say about one?
    >>
    >> What's the worst thing about them?
    >>

    > I have a Canon IP4000R with nothing bad to say. The printer is
    > wireless, or ethernet but out of production now.

    I have a Canon 4000 - it works. Software that comes with it is functional
    but basic. Need to buy some more ink - the ink cartridges that come with it
    have only a whiff of ink.
    Geoff
    Geoff M, Feb 28, 2007
  5. canon paora

    Craig Shore Guest

    <> wrote:

    >canon paora wrote:
    >> The good the bad and the fucking ugly?
    >>
    >> Anyone have one, used one and have anything to say about one?
    >>
    >> What's the worst thing about them?
    >>

    >I have a Canon IP4000R with nothing bad to say. The printer is
    >wireless, or ethernet but out of production now.

    I've got the Canon IP4200. It does a great job of printing on them.
    The software that comes with it is average, although the same software
    on the Mac seems a lot better. Not sure if it was a later version on
    the Mac I was looking at, I never bothered updating my PC one.
    I purchased Acoustica CD Label Maker which is good.
    Craig Shore, Feb 28, 2007
  6. canon paora

    Richard Guest

    canon paora wrote:
    > The good the bad and the fucking ugly?
    >
    > Anyone have one, used one and have anything to say about one?
    >
    > What's the worst thing about them?

    Worst - when you print on a disc, then put it away and forget to
    actually burn anything to it.

    Best - Discs look good compared with labeling with a sharpie, and is
    cheaper and faster then that crap lightscribe.

    The epson software to do layout is pretty limited in how it can make
    text go around the disc peremiter, and if you get scans with your full
    album rip downloads you have to photoshop the silver to be white so it
    doesnt print rainbows over the disc.
    Richard, Feb 28, 2007
  7. canon paora

    Mutlley Guest

    Richard <> wrote:

    >canon paora wrote:
    >> The good the bad and the fucking ugly?
    >>
    >> Anyone have one, used one and have anything to say about one?
    >>
    >> What's the worst thing about them?
    >>

    >Worst - when you print on a disc, then put it away and forget to
    >actually burn anything to it.
    >
    >Best - Discs look good compared with labeling with a sharpie, and is
    >cheaper and faster then that crap lightscribe.
    >
    >The epson software to do layout is pretty limited in how it can make
    >text go around the disc peremiter, and if you get scans with your full
    >album rip downloads you have to photoshop the silver to be white so it
    >doesnt print rainbows over the disc.

    I have a Canon MP530 that does a great job at disk printing. Maybe a
    bit of an overkill unless you was a scanner as well which i did..
    Mutlley, Feb 28, 2007
  8. canon paora

    Mathew Good Guest

    On 27 Feb 2007 22:13:21 -0800, "canon paora" <> wrote:

    >The good the bad and the fucking ugly?
    >
    >Anyone have one, used one and have anything to say about one?
    >
    >What's the worst thing about them?

    Wat Type of printer are you talking about...?

    Or Dedicated one or a Inkjet that can print CD's

    My Vote for a Injet would be the Epson R230 I thinks its called now, Epsons do not have to use
    water based ink..
    Mathew Good, Feb 28, 2007
  9. canon paora

    PeeCee Guest

    "canon paora" <> wrote in message
    > The good the bad and the fucking ugly?
    >
    > Anyone have one, used one and have anything to say about one?
    >
    > What's the worst thing about them?

    Canon iP5200R here, prints CD/DVD just fine.

    P.
    PeeCee, Feb 28, 2007
  10. canon paora

    Mathew Good Guest

    On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 10:06:03 +1300, "PeeCee" <> wrote:

    >"canon paora" <> wrote in message
    >> The good the bad and the fucking ugly?
    >>
    >> Anyone have one, used one and have anything to say about one?
    >>
    >> What's the worst thing about them?
    >>

    >Canon iP5200R here, prints CD/DVD just fine.
    >
    >P.

    But uses Water based Inks...
    Mathew Good, Feb 28, 2007
  11. canon paora

    toproblog Guest

    I bought the EpsonR230 solely to do CDs -- it was the cheapest on the
    market. As one whose never liked inkjets, it does a surprisingly good job.
    Would be nice if it was faster -- I can burn at twice the print speed, so
    its a bit of a bottleneck. Probably done 500+, zero wastage.

    toproblog, Mar 1, 2007
  12. canon paora

    Chris Lim Guest

    On Mar 1, 2:38 pm, "toproblog" <> wrote:
    > I bought the EpsonR230 solely to do CDs -- it was the cheapest on the
    > market. As one whose never liked inkjets, it does a surprisingly good job.
    > Would be nice if it was faster -- I can burn at twice the print speed, so
    > its a bit of a bottleneck.

    My father has an Epson (R310 from memory) and it's a lot slower at
    printing CDs/DVDs than my Canon i865 (probably about 3 or 4 times
    slower). Dunno if the later models are any faster though.
    Chris Lim, Mar 1, 2007
  13. canon paora

    bAZZ Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 20:29:55 +1300, Jerry
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >canon paora wrote:
    > >> The good the bad and the fucking ugly?
    > >>
    > >> Anyone have one, used one and have anything to say about one?
    > >>
    > >> What's the worst thing about them?
    > >>

    > >I have a Canon IP4000R with nothing bad to say. The printer is
    > >wireless, or ethernet but out of production now.

    > I've got the Canon IP4200. It does a great job of printing on them.
    > The software that comes with it is average, although the same software
    > on the Mac seems a lot better. Not sure if it was a later version on
    > the Mac I was looking at, I never bothered updating my PC one.
    > I purchased Acoustica CD Label Maker which is good.

    I've got the cannon mp500 multifunction. No bad things to say either.
    Works flawlessly. Produced some outstanding dvds that fooled a couple of
    ppl :) It is still available in odd place and discounted to under $300
    in places too.

    Ditto comments above about software. Works OK but Acoustica CD Label
    Maker is damn good.

    bAZZ
    bAZZ, Mar 1, 2007
  14. canon paora

    Jerry Guest

    Mathew Good wrote:
    > On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 10:06:03 +1300, "PeeCee" <> wrote:
    >
    >> "canon paora" <> wrote in message
    >>> The good the bad and the fucking ugly?
    >>>
    >>> Anyone have one, used one and have anything to say about one?
    >>>
    >>> What's the worst thing about them?
    >>>

    >> Canon iP5200R here, prints CD/DVD just fine.
    >>
    >> P.
    >>

    > But uses Water based Inks...

    From http://uscom1.fnusa.net/technology/canon_tech/explanation/pg_ink.html

    "...Furthermore, as pigment ink is not easily dissolved by water, it
    offers excellent water resistance...."

    My old HP printer used to run if you spilled any water on a page, the
    Canon IP4000R doesn't.
    Jerry, Mar 1, 2007
  15. canon paora

    ~misfit~ Guest

    canon paora wrote:
    > The good the bad and the fucking ugly?
    >
    > Anyone have one, used one and have anything to say about one?
    >
    > What's the worst thing about them?

    I have a Staedtler permanent marker, fine point. I must say it gives
    excellent results. However you really need a steady hand. The results are
    waterproof and it's made in Germany so it's got to be good right? Think
    BMW....

    Speaking of fucking ugly, how's your mama? I haven't seen her in a while,
    thank God. Just because there's a light switch it doesn't mean I have to use
    it.
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Mar 1, 2007
  16. canon paora

    Chris Lim Guest

    On Mar 2, 3:43 am, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    > Speaking of fucking ugly, how's your mama? I haven't seen her in a while,
    > thank God. Just because there's a light switch it doesn't mean I have to use
    > it.

    It's really not a good idea to drink and post! :)
    Chris Lim, Mar 1, 2007
  17. canon paora

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Chris Lim wrote:
    > On Mar 2, 3:43 am, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    > > Speaking of fucking ugly, how's your mama? I haven't seen her in a
    > > while, thank God. Just because there's a light switch it doesn't
    > > mean I have to use it.

    > It's really not a good idea to drink and post! :)

    Heh! Maybe. However, I was just replying to this guy in the sort of language
    he uses and obviously understands.
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Mar 2, 2007
  18. canon paora

    Mathew Good Guest

    On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 21:50:37 +1300, Jerry <> wrote:

    >Mathew Good wrote:
    >> On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 10:06:03 +1300, "PeeCee" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "canon paora" <> wrote in message

    >>> Canon iP5200R here, prints CD/DVD just fine.
    >>>
    >>> P.
    >>>

    >> But uses Water based Inks...

    > From http://uscom1.fnusa.net/technology/canon_tech/explanation/pg_ink.html
    >
    >"...Furthermore, as pigment ink is not easily dissolved by water, it
    >offers excellent water resistance...."
    >
    >My old HP printer used to run if you spilled any water on a page, the
    >Canon IP4000R doesn't.

    ALL BUBLE JET PRINTERS USE ALCOHOL OR WATER, AS THEY WOULD NOT WORK OTHERWISE..

    Epson printers can use any thing..
    Mathew Good, Mar 2, 2007
  19. canon paora

    canon paora Guest

    Nope, you're just being a ****.
    canon paora, Mar 2, 2007
  20. canon paora

    canon paora Guest

    On Mar 1, 10:04 am, Mathew Good < wrote:
    > On 27 Feb 2007 22:13:21 -0800, "canon paora" <> wrote:
    >
    > >The good the bad and the fucking ugly?

    > >Anyone have one, used one and have anything to say about one?

    > >What's the worst thing about them?

    > Wat Type of printer are you talking about...?
    >
    > Or Dedicated one or a Inkjet that can print CD's
    >
    > My Vote for a Injet would be the Epson R230 I thinks its called now, Epsons do not have to use
    > water based ink..

    You need to expand that for me - what other ink and for what reason
    would you need anything but water based ink?
    canon paora, Mar 2, 2007