CD, DVD and BD physical parameters

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Zaphod, Mar 19, 2008.

  1. Zaphod

    Zaphod

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    The following table contains my calculated values for various CD, DVD and BD parameters. I have not been able to verify the two parameters:

    In Radius 23 mm
    Out Raduis 58 mm

    for a Blu Ray disk. Does anyone have a reference for these two paramaters?

    Also, I believe the rest of the parameters and calculations are correct but would appreciate any feedback. I can give details of how I arrived at the calculated values as needed.

    __________________CD_______DVD_________BD
    Track_Pitch______1.6______0.74_______0.32_um
    Max_Sectors__360,000_2,295,104_12,219,392
    In_Radius_________25________24_________23_mm
    Out_Radius________58________58_________58_mm
    User_Area____8,604.8___8,758.8____8,906.4_mm*mm
    Spiral_Len____5.3780___11.8362____27.8325_km
    Sector_Len___14.9389____5.1571_____2.2777_mm
    Min_Sect/Trk_10.5148___29.2403____63.4460
    Max_Sect/Trk_24.3943___70.6642___159.9943

    Spiral_Len______3.34______7.35______17.29_miles

    Tracks________20,625____45,946____109,375

    Zaphod, Mar 19, 2008