CD/DVD Advice please.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Gareth not NLL or anybody else., Nov 14, 2003.

  1. "Serendipity" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'd like to install a device which acts as both a CD player
    > and a DVD player. Incredible to you perhaps, but what
    > exactly is the *Name* of such a device?
    >
    > Once I have that I'll be able to search out one of my
    > choice on the net.
    >
    > Thank you.

    Most if not all dvd-rom drives can read cds to.
    check these websites for dvd drives.
    www.aria.co.uk
    www.cclcomputers.com
    www.ebuyer.co.uk

    HTH
    Gaz

    Serendipity, Nov 14, 2003

  3. Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

    Liz Guest

    "Serendipity" wrote:
    > I'd like to install a device which acts as both a CD player
    > and a DVD player. Incredible to you perhaps, but what
    > exactly is the *Name* of such a device?

    DVD-ROM is backward-compatible with CD-ROM.
    Or, better yet, and more versatile, a DVD-Recorder.
    http://www.plextor.be/English/products/products_dvdrecorders.html

    Liz, Nov 14, 2003