    keyboard, will they work during a reload?
    Thanks.
    Emma

    Emma, Jun 20, 2004

  2. Emma

    °Mike° Guest

    What operating system?

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 08:56:51 +0100, in
    <Xns950E5B0478A01troili@195.8.68.217>
    Emma scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 20, 2004

  3. Emma

    Roy Jones Guest

    On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 08:56:51 +0100, Emma wrote:

    > I have uninstalled spybot search and destroy. The reason being that when it
    > loads at startup it often crashes. Shame as it was a good program.
    > Anyway when I rebooted after my cd drives have vanished.
    > I looked in the control panel and found the drives but the drivers
    > themselves need reinstalling (so it says) but how can I reinstall from the
    > cd if the drive won't work.
    > Because its been running slow for a while I have been thinking about
    > formatting and starting again but I have a Microsoft cordless mouse and
    > keyboard, will they work during a reload?
    > Thanks.
    > Emma

    Are you sure your CD-ROM won't run on a generic ATAPI driver?
    If it needs a vendor-specific driver, try the vendor's website or run a
    Google search for the drive's make and model.

    If you can locate the driver on the Net, you should be able to load it from
    your hard disk.

    Roy

    Roy Jones, Jun 20, 2004
  4. Emma

    gman Guest

    Emma wrote:
    > I have uninstalled spybot search and destroy. The reason being that when it
    > loads at startup it often crashes. Shame as it was a good program.
    > Anyway when I rebooted after my cd drives have vanished.
    > I looked in the control panel and found the drives but the drivers
    > themselves need reinstalling (so it says) but how can I reinstall from the
    > cd if the drive won't work.
    > Because its been running slow for a while I have been thinking about
    > formatting and starting again but I have a Microsoft cordless mouse and
    > keyboard, will they work during a reload?
    > Thanks.
    > Emma

    Which version of spybot did u download and where did u get it? I had
    trouble with the latest 1.3, so i went back to 1.2. I did not
    experience any problems with the drivers like you.

    1. You may try restarting from a boot cd. This will have a generic cd
    driver.

    2. Download the drivers from the manufacturer's web site.

    In the future copy the contents of the windows cd into a folder on ur
    hard drive, such as C\winowsCD

    gman, Jun 23, 2004