  1. Hi, i have a big problem, now windows x64 tellme that there is a problem with
    my cd driver and dont letme used it. I try to search the driver but i cant
    find it. Please i need help becouse i cant read CD !!! Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?SnVhbm1hbnVlbA==?=, Dec 5, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SnVhbm1hbnVlbA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    It would be helpful if you gave some information. Did you install or
    uninstall any software? Are there any messages in your system event viewer?
    Kodak EasyShare has been a real problem and will require a system restore
    per Barb.

    John Barnes, Dec 5, 2005

  3. Click Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware (tab) > Device Manager >
    expand DVD/CD-ROM drives > Right click on the CD-ROM Drive thats giving you
    problems, uninstall it. Click OK, restart the system, log back in. The
    Add/Hardware wizard should detect it back again and install it.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 5, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SnVhbm1hbnVlbA==?=

    Wim Zefat Guest

    Just went through that with EasyShare. I'd read here that it doesn't work,
    but it comes with my camera and it's a fairly handy application, so I tried
    it anyway.

    Sure enough, after installing EasyShare my DVD-drive and my DVD-burner had
    disappeared in Explorer. They were still there in Device Manager, but with
    a yellow exclamation mark and an error message saying the driver couldn't
    be loaded.

    Uninstalling EasyShare did not return my drives, but doing a system restore
    did.

    Looking over my event log, I find the following error:

    The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    imapi
    PxHlpa64

    Looks like the cd-burner function built into EasyShare collides with the
    one from Windows.

    Wim

    Wim Zefat, Dec 5, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SnVhbm1hbnVlbA==?=

    Rob Wilkens Guest

    I think that happenned to me (working on someone else's PC) when they had
    Kodak EasyShare and after moving from Win98 to Windows XP (32-bit) the CD
    drives stopped working (made it a real problem to troubleshoot since you
    couldn't load new drivers off a a CD since, well, the CD was broken).

    -rob

    Rob Wilkens, Dec 5, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?SnVhbm1hbnVlbA==?=

    Wim Zefat Guest

    Yeah, you can get some silly catch 22 situations with a pc. My all time
    favorite is what happens when your keyboard goes wonky and your pc boots
    with the error "No keyboard found. Press F1 to continue." ;-)

    As to EasyShare, I've used it without problems for a year or so on XP. It
    only seems to have a problem with XP x64. Still, it might be a recurrence
    of a problem an earleir version of the software had with 32 bit XP.

    Wim

    Wim Zefat, Dec 5, 2005
  7. I follow yours instruccions and i remove easy share, but the problem stay.
    Then i unistall it but when detec it windows can not be able to fix the
    driver problem.

    The cd rom is BTC 6621D

    =?Utf-8?B?SnVhbm1hbnVlbA==?=, Dec 7, 2005
  8. Your next best option is the System Restore, have you tried that? Please do
    and report back.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 7, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?SnVhbm1hbnVlbA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Be sure to restore to a point BEFORE you installed easy share.

    John Barnes, Dec 7, 2005