    Hi every time i switch on my pc the cd drawer opens

    any ideas

    steve
    SJ, Jan 18, 2005

  2. SJ <> scribbled in using a crayon
    news::

    > Hi every time i switch on my pc the cd drawer opens
    >
    > any ideas
    >
    > steve

    Does it still work otherwise?

    ELWOOD

    Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
    More than 120,000 groups
    Unlimited download
    Elwood P. Dowd, Jan 18, 2005

  3. SJ

    Parko Guest

    SJ wrote:
    > Hi every time i switch on my pc the cd drawer opens
    >
    > any ideas
    >
    > steve

    Not without more details.

    --
    Parko
    My crystal ball ain't that good.
    Parko, Jan 18, 2005
  4. SJ

    Barry Guest

    That is a sign of your cd rom going bad, it's time for a new one,,,

    Barry, Jan 19, 2005
  5. SJ

    Ira Hayes Guest

    "SJ" <> wrote in message
    > Hi every time i switch on my pc the cd drawer opens
    >
    > any ideas
    >
    > steve

    Mine does that too when the computer is hungry. Drop a Dunkin Donuts
    chocolate glazed in the empty hole and hit the retract button. That will
    hold it for a few days.

    Ike
    Ira Hayes, Jan 19, 2005
  6. SJ

    SJ Guest

    On 19 Jan 2005 07:24:37 +0800, "Elwood P. Dowd" <elwood@bigrabbit.0rg>
    wrote:

    >SJ <> scribbled in using a crayon
    >
    >> Hi every time i switch on my pc the cd drawer opens
    >>
    >> any ideas
    >>
    >> steve

    >Does it still work otherwise?
    >
    >ELWOOD

    Yes it does.

    steve
    SJ, Jan 19, 2005
  7. On 19 Jan 2005, Ira Hayes scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "SJ" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi every time i switch on my pc the cd drawer opens
    >>
    >> any ideas
    >>
    >> steve

    > Mine does that too when the computer is hungry. Drop a Dunkin
    > Donuts chocolate glazed in the empty hole and hit the retract
    > button. That will hold it for a few days.
    >
    > Ike

    Mine likes a couple of Krispy Kreme glazed, followed by a good hot cup
    of coffee.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    You know what I like best about the NCAA Basketball Tournament? Sixty-
    The Old Sourdough, Jan 19, 2005