CD does not play

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Peter Ostermann, Oct 7, 2006.

  1. Peter Ostermann, Oct 7, 2006

  2. Peter Ostermann

    RobMac Guest

    "Peter Ostermann" <> wrote in message
    news:4527c6db$0$30570$-online.net...
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > the first Trailer on this page
    >
    > http://www.anno1701.com/launch/index.php?lg=de&l1=downloads&l2=videos
    >
    > after download I burned on CD to view it on TV by DVD
    > player. It does not work. What goes wrong?
    > Thanks in advance for hints.
    >
    > Regards
    > Peter

    Make sure your DVD player is actually *able* to play VCDs (check your
    manual)....not all players do.

    RobMac, Oct 7, 2006

  3. Peter Ostermann

    JoeBloe Guest

    On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 12:23:53 -0400, "RobMac" <>
    Gave us:

    >"Peter Ostermann" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi folks,
    >>
    >> the first Trailer on this page
    >>
    >> http://www.anno1701.com/launch/index.php?lg=de&l1=downloads&l2=videos
    >>
    >> after download I burned on CD to view it on TV by DVD
    >> player. It does not work. What goes wrong?
    >> Thanks in advance for hints.
    >>
    >> Regards
    >> Peter

    >Make sure your DVD player is actually *able* to play VCDs (check your
    >manual)....not all players do.

    He may also have merely burned the file onto a disc, as opposed to
    burning an image, which may be the format of the file.

    JoeBloe, Oct 7, 2006
  4. Peter Ostermann

    jd Guest

    On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 09:32:03 -0700, JoeBloe
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 12:23:53 -0400, "RobMac" <>
    >Gave us:
    >

    >>"Peter Ostermann" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi folks,
    >>>
    >>> the first Trailer on this page
    >>>
    >>> http://www.anno1701.com/launch/index.php?lg=de&l1=downloads&l2=videos
    >>>
    >>> after download I burned on CD to view it on TV by DVD
    >>> player. It does not work. What goes wrong?
    >>> Thanks in advance for hints.
    >>>
    >>> Regards
    >>> Peter

    >>Make sure your DVD player is actually *able* to play VCDs (check your
    >>manual)....not all players do.
    >>

    > He may also have merely burned the file onto a disc, as opposed to
    >burning an image, which may be the format of the file.

    It's a windows media file fuckwit. Almost any DVD player should be
    able to read the wmv format [rovided it has the right codec.

    jd, Oct 8, 2006
  5. Hi, folks,

    "jd" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    >>>Make sure your DVD player is actually *able* to play VCDs (check your
    >>>manual)....not all players do.
    >>>

    >> He may also have merely burned the file onto a disc, as opposed to
    >>burning an image, which may be the format of the file.

    > It's a windows media file fuckwit. Almost any DVD player should be
    > able to read the wmv format [rovided it has the right codec.

    Yes, my newly bought but probably poor Sony DVD player, this fuckwit, was
    not able to read this wmv format kind of windows media file fuckwit. ;-))

    But JoeBloe was right, burning an image was the solution.

    Thanks for support to you guys!

    Peter Ostermann
    www.pkf-ostermann.de

    Peter Ostermann, Oct 8, 2006
  6. jd wrote:
    > On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 09:32:03 -0700, JoeBloe
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 12:23:53 -0400, "RobMac" <>
    >>Gave us:
    >>

    >>>"Peter Ostermann" <> wrote in message

    >>>Make sure your DVD player is actually *able* to play VCDs (check your
    >>>manual)....not all players do.
    >>>

    >> He may also have merely burned the file onto a disc, as opposed to
    >>burning an image, which may be the format of the file.

    > It's a windows media file fuckwit. Almost any DVD player should be
    > able to read the wmv format [rovided it has the right codec.

    Any player made NOWADAYS. My player was made in 2000, and I would have
    to convert a .wmv into mpeg in order to make a disc that plays on it.

    Well, whaddaya know? War WAS the answer, after all. Go figure.

    A lone Micronaut lost in a world of Star Wars action figures,
    (The Excessively Parenthetical) Geena-- Worrier Princess

    "Reciprocity... is the key to every relationship."
    --LAPD Capt. Dudley Smith (James Cromwell), in L.A. Confidential

    "Andy Warhol once said that everyone would be famous for fifteen
    minutes. The unfortunate corollary is that everyone will also appear in
    a Freddie Prinze, Jr. movie for fifteen minutes."
    --me

    "This is like driving a Rolls Royce, naked, in mink underpants."
    --Tony Bourdain

    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it
    but at the very least you need a beer."
    -- Frank Zappa

    "I'm not sayin' it's the best thing in the world FOR ya; I'm just sayin'
    it's the best thing in the world."
    -- Alton Brown

    "The most preposterous notion that H. sapiens has ever dreamed up is
    that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes,
    wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their
    prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet
    this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all
    the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in
    all history."
    -- Robert Heinlein

    Geena Phillips, Oct 8, 2006
  7. Peter Ostermann

    Richard C. Guest

    "jd" <> wrote in message

    > It's a windows media file fuckwit. Almost any DVD player should be
    > able to read the wmv format [rovided it has the right codec.

    Not true at all!

    Richard C., Oct 8, 2006