    ...It asks me to Record to CD, which I have done, but I can't explore or open
    it, any thoughts ... should I open with another program instead of Easy CD
    .... many thanks ...Chas

    Chas, Nov 22, 2004

  2. Chas

    MJP Guest

    "Chas" <> wrote in message
    news:vZpod.48018$...
    > HI ...I have a downloaded program file 150MB ... Easy CD Creator Image
    > File ..It asks me to Record to CD, which I have done, but I can't explore
    > or open it, any thoughts ... should I open with another program instead of
    > Easy CD ... many thanks ...Chas

    What was the file extension? It is possible that it is not an easy cd
    creator file at all.

    MJP

    MJP, Nov 22, 2004

  3. Chas

    Pennywise Guest

    On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:11:39 GMT, "Chas" <>
    wrote:

    |>HI ...I have a downloaded program file 150MB ... Easy CD Creator Image File
    |>..It asks me to Record to CD, which I have done, but I can't explore or open
    |>it, any thoughts ... should I open with another program instead of Easy CD
    |>... many thanks ...Chas

    Get rid of Easy CD Creator, it's nothing but problems.

    A small sampling:
    http://tinyurl.com/6taz7

    Pennywise, Nov 22, 2004
  4. Chas

    Special Ed Guest

    "Pennywise" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:11:39 GMT, "Chas" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > |>HI ...I have a downloaded program file 150MB ... Easy CD Creator Image
    > File
    > |>..It asks me to Record to CD, which I have done, but I can't explore or
    > open
    > |>it, any thoughts ... should I open with another program instead of Easy
    > CD
    > |>... many thanks ...Chas
    >
    > Get rid of Easy CD Creator, it's nothing but problems.

    Surprised to hear you say that. I've used it for years-- no problems.

    Edw.

    Special Ed, Nov 22, 2004
  5. Chas

    Mellowed Guest

    I've never had a problem.

    Mellowed, Nov 22, 2004
  6. Pennywise <> chiseled in stone, the following words

    > On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:11:39 GMT, "Chas" wrote:
    >|>HI ...I have a downloaded program file 150MB ... Easy CD Creator
    >|>Image File ..It asks me to Record to CD, which I have done, but I
    >|>can't explore or open it, any thoughts ... should I open with another
    >|>program instead of Easy CD ... many thanks ...Chas

    > Get rid of Easy CD Creator, it's nothing but problems.
    >
    > A small sampling:
    > http://tinyurl.com/6taz7

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?N1A8238D9

    There are more links for "Nero problems"
    Results 1 - 10 of about 380,000

    than for EZCD Creator....
    Results 1 - 10 of about 50,300

    I've not had any major problems with Roxio, however I've used this
    program for months. Version 2.2.9 does what I need:

    http://www.shareup.com/CDBurnerXP_Pro-download-20978.html

    I have not tried version 3.0.115

    @}-}-------Rosee, Nov 22, 2004
  7. Chas

    Pennywise Guest

    On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 21:52:50 GMT, "Special Ed"
    <> wrote:

    |>"Pennywise" <> wrote in message

    |>> File
    |>> open
    |>> CD
    |>>
    |>> Get rid of Easy CD Creator, it's nothing but problems.
    |>>
    |>Surprised to hear you say that. I've used it for years-- no problems.

    Maybe because I had problems with it once and now notice any bad thing
    said about it.

    If it works for you great, if it doesn't, the problem usually can be
    corrected by running ForceASPI.

    Pennywise, Nov 23, 2004
  8. Chas

    smh Guest

    .. ---------------------------------
    Roxio / Adaptec

    Trashy company that picks Trashes
    as its beta testers
    ---------------------------------

    Special Ed wrote:
    > "Pennywise" wrote:
    > >
    > > Get rid of Easy CD Creator, it's nothing but problems.

    > Surprised to hear you say that. I've used it for years-- no problems.

    Have you burned Mode 1/Joliet with Easy CD CreMator 5? Easy Coaster
    Creator 5 burns it in Mode 1 sector, but flags it as Mode 2!

    How Many cRoxio's to Screw in Light Bulb ?

    Ezcd 5 can not be called a cd recording software
    as it does not write Mode 1
    ( The above bug is confirmed by the deafening no response )
    ( from both Adrian Miller and Mike Richter. )

    =======================
    Subject: Re: Easy CD 5 - What's All The Hub-Bub About?
    Date: 4/2/01

    Adrian Miller (cRoxio) wrote:

    > I am having this investigated from both ends and will give
    > information when I have been informed of the results. Not before.

    Doesn't cRoxio know the steps to burn in Mode 1 with their own
    software?

    It's been more than a month since it was reported by Joe Pyles.
    I repeat: It's been more than a MONTH.

    (It took only a few days for Joe Pyles and others to discover the bug.)

    Tell me, how many cRoxio engineers does it take to screw in a light
    bulb?

    Do you think cRoxio will be able to come up with the determination
    before the end of this year -- and dare list it as a known issue and
    become the laughingstock of cdr community?

    (cRoxio may also be cooking up something to blame the bug on Microsoft,
    El Nino, or even God.)
    =======================

    Version 5.1 Platinum
    (3/18/02) <=== One year after the release!

    Easy CD Creator fixes:

    Mode 1 disk no longer reported as XA

    smh, Nov 23, 2004
  9. Chas

    smh Guest

    ' --------------------------------------
    Roxio is the Firestone of CDR software
    --------------------------------------

    Special Ed wrote:
    > "Pennywise" wrote:
    > >
    > > Get rid of Easy CD Creator, it's nothing but problems.

    > Surprised to hear you say that. I've used it for years-- no problems.

    Easy CD CreMator 5 Released w/ Critical Bugs!

    =====================
    From: Mike Richter (Roxio Shit)
    Date: 5/15/01

    My own recommendation was to withhold release
    until all critical bugs were exterminated

    ===========================
    From: Deirdre' Straughan (cRoxio)
    Date: 5/30/01

    We try to avoid releasing software with critical bugs
    - those which can damage systems and/or data.

    But it did not turn up in lab or beta testing
    ==========================

    smh, Nov 23, 2004
  10. Chas

    smh Guest

    Mike Richter, were you born with
    "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
    --------------------------------------
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=

    ( No Pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a LIBEL )
    ( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )

    Special Ed wrote:
    > "Pennywise" wrote:
    > >
    > > Get rid of Easy CD Creator, it's nothing but problems.

    > Surprised to hear you say that. I've used it for years-- no problems.

    Easy CD CreMator is the only software ever that requires complete system
    backup -- even for updating!

    Subject: Re: Roxio 6 / DVD Builder can't see my burner
    Date: 12/27/03

    Whale Skinner wrote:

    > Downloaded update from Roxio. It says it installed successfully,
    > Click OK to reboot. It reboots, it says it installed succussfully,
    > Click OK to reboot. It reboots, it says it installed succussfully,
    > Click OK to reboot. It reboots, it says it installed succussfully,
    > Click OK to reboot. It reboots, it says it installed succussfully,
    > Click OK to reboot.
    >
    > Arrrrggghhhhhh

    Of course, you made a complete system backup, haven't you? No?

    How could you be so careless and thoughtless!

    From: smh
    Subject: Re: should I download the update
    Date: 12/15/03

    Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin Scum) spewed:

    > > I have received an email from Roxio advising me to download an
    > > update for my Roxio Platinum. Would you advise me to do this.

    > if you are going to update such software, have a complete
    > system backup first so you can restore to your current conditions
    > even if the update fails.

    Is a backup essential now even for an update of Easy CD Cremator?

    ======================
    From: Mike Richter (Roxio Shit)
    Subject: Re: Why uninstall EZCD 5???
    Date: 5/5/01

    I consider an image backup essential
    before any major software installation

    I suspect that those who have trouble are also careless
    - perhaps thoughtless - about their use of their computer
    systems.

    Why any competent computer user would fail to 'buy'
    such inexpensive insurance is beyond me.

    ====================
    From: "WayneC"
    Date: 5/5/01

    Yes Mike, I agree, Roxio should post a very BIG warning:
    Do not attempt to install ECDC 5 until you have made a full
    system backup, removed the backup media and stored it at least
    100 yards away from any ECDC 5 component including the box it
    came in.

    ==========================
    From: Thomas A. Horsley
    Date: 5/6/01

    Yes, I imagine that's a habit folks who install Adaptec software
    develop quite early in the learning curve

    ======================
    From: "Fishface"
    Date: 11/7/02

    Is that a representative of Roxio justifying software which
    doesn't properly uninstall? Is it so difficult for them to do
    that an attempt is made to defend their inability?

    Backup? Hell, I'm considering installing it alone on a separate
    installation on a separate partition on someone elses computer.
    ======================

    smh, Nov 23, 2004
  11. In article <> Pennywise <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 21:52:50 GMT, "Special Ed"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >|>"Pennywise" <> wrote in message

    >|>Surprised to hear you say that. I've used it for years-- no problems.
    >|>

    >Maybe because I had problems with it once and now notice any bad thing
    >said about it.

    Have you considered anything else?

    >If it works for you great, if it doesn't, the problem usually can be
    >corrected by running ForceASPI.

    A great many open minds should be closed for repairs.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "This isn't being generated by a human is it?" -- Meat-->Plow

    Lady Chatterly, Nov 23, 2004
  12. Chas

    smh Guest

    .. -------------------------------------------
    how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
    Only a trashy company like Roxio or Adaptec
    let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
    Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
    -----------------------------------
    Mike Richter is a LIAR
    ----------------------

    Special Ed wrote:
    > "Pennywise" wrote:
    > >
    > > Get rid of Easy CD Creator, it's nothing but problems.

    > Surprised to hear you say that. I've used it for years-- no problems.

    ==========================
    How Embarrassing for Roxio

    Subject: cannot read files after certain point on directory

    Good News!

    About 5000 of 20000 files were unreadable on the cd-rw written
    by ECDC.

    All of the same files were readable on the cd-rw written by
    NTI CDMaker!!!

    How embarrasing for Roxio.

    smh, Nov 24, 2004