    the net? every site I have been on, it keeps locking up when I try to
    download an image. Every thing else seems to work ok, untill i try and
    download something?
    John Davis, Dec 1, 2003

  2. John Davis

    Paul - xxx Guest

    John Davis posted ...

    > Does any one know of any thing in place to stop you downloading CD
    > covers of the net? every site I have been on, it keeps locking up
    > when I try to download an image. Every thing else seems to work ok,
    > untill i try and download something?

    Many cd cover images are set so that you can't use the right click 'save as'
    dialogue. If your computer is locking up, check what type of images the
    covers are, eg .jpg, and that you don't have Internet Options set to
    disallow those types of file .. I'd also check that the computer is running
    normally and well ...

    http://www.bootdisk.com/topten.htm
    and

    have good pointers to basic and advanced system maintenance .. ;)

    --
    Digweed
    .... ;)
    Paul - xxx, Dec 1, 2003

  3. John Davis

    Bob Regis Guest

    Paul - xxx wrote:
    > John Davis posted ...
    >
    >> Does any one know of any thing in place to stop you downloading CD
    >> covers of the net? every site I have been on, it keeps locking up
    >> when I try to download an image. Every thing else seems to work ok,
    >> untill i try and download something?

    > Many cd cover images are set so that you can't use the right click
    > 'save as' dialogue. If your computer is locking up, check what type
    > of images the covers are, eg .jpg, and that you don't have Internet
    > Options set to disallow those types of file .. I'd also check that
    > the computer is running normally and well ...
    >
    > http://www.bootdisk.com/topten.htm
    > and
    >
    > have good pointers to basic and advanced system maintenance .. ;)

    I use amazon.co.uk and it works fine.
    Bob Regis, Dec 1, 2003
  4. John Davis

    Bill Purvis Guest

    Have you tried this one

    http://covertarget.com/

    Bill

    Bill Purvis, Dec 1, 2003
  5. John Davis

    paul Guest

    have u firewall on could cause a problem
    paul, Dec 2, 2003
  6. John Davis

    Boomer Guest

    "paul" <> wrote in news:tR0zb.206$Dh5.115@newsfep4-
    winn.server.ntli.net:

    > have u firewall on could cause a problem

    Huh?
    Boomer, Dec 3, 2003