    CD on the DVD player attached to my television, only the first 11 folders
    are shown. Can anyone explain this so that a novice can understand?

    Thanks

    Jim/Sue Muschany, Aug 5, 2005

  2. Jim/Sue Muschany

    old jon Guest

    "Jim/Sue Muschany" <> wrote in message
    news:GYNIe.551599$...
    >I have copied 28 folders of photos from my hard drive onto a 700MB CD-RW.
    >When I check the properties of the CD it shows that it contains 474 MB, but
    >that it is 100% used. How can that be?
    >
    > Also, I have verified that all 28 folders are on the CD, but when I play
    > the CD on the DVD player attached to my television, only the first 11
    > folders are shown. Can anyone explain this so that a novice can
    > understand?
    >
    > Thanks

    Can you view the 28 folders` contents on your computer, or only 11 ?.
    What software did you create the CD with ?.
    You said `play` the CD on your DVD player. Are they a slide show ?.
    best wishes..OJ

    old jon, Aug 5, 2005

  3. Yes, I can view the 28 folders' contents on my computer. I created the CD
    using Sonic DigitalMedia LE v7 which came on my new Dell Dimension 3000
    computer with Windows XP. Yes they "play" on my DVD player as a slide show,
    but only the first 11 folders are shown.

    Thanks for your help.

    Jim/Sue Muschany, Aug 5, 2005
  4. Jim/Sue Muschany

    >I have copied 28 folders of photos from my hard drive onto a 700MB CD-RW.
    >When I check the properties of the CD it shows that it contains 474 MB, but
    >that it is 100% used. How can that be?
    >
    > Also, I have verified that all 28 folders are on the CD, but when I play
    > the CD on the DVD player attached to my television, only the first 11
    > folders are shown. Can anyone explain this so that a novice can
    > understand?
    >
    > Thanks

    Back to your first query, you used a 700 CDRW, which is good, `cos you can
    erase it and rewrite it. The reason it`s 100% used, is `cos the software
    `closes` the disc when you write your slideshow to it. In other words, the
    software has used it as a write once disc.
    I would suggest that you erase the disc, and try a fresh burn at a slower
    speed.
    Hope you`ve still got your slideshow project <g>.
    Bed for me now, back tomorrow. best wishes..OJ

    old jon, Aug 5, 2005
  5. "Jim/Sue Muschany" <> wrote in

    > I have copied 28 folders of photos from my hard drive onto a 700MB
    > CD-RW. When I check the properties of the CD it shows that it
    > contains 474 MB, but that it is 100% used. How can that be?
    >
    > Also, I have verified that all 28 folders are on the CD, but when
    > I play the CD on the DVD player attached to my television, only
    > the first 11 folders are shown. Can anyone explain this so that a
    > novice can understand?
    >
    > Thanks

    Jim,

    Have you added up the sizes of the 28 folders and contents? Your
    symptoms almost make me think you filled the CD up with the first 11
    folders. Just a thought and something you didn't mention.

    Ed

    --
    Freedom is never free....

    Top (retired), Aug 5, 2005
  6. Jim/Sue Muschany

    Shawn Guest

    when you burned it, depending on what program you used and how you used it,
    like multisession which would leave the extra 2 hundred some mb free to add
    more later or no multisession which will finalize the disc and make it think
    it is full.

    Shawn, Aug 5, 2005
  7. Jim/Sue Muschany

    Shep© Guest

    What He said :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,

    Shep©, Aug 6, 2005
  8. Thanks for the explanation of why a 700MB CD would be "full" with only 474
    MB on it. That makes sense. Still don't know why I can't see all 474 MB on
    the TV DVD player though.

    Jim/Sue Muschany, Aug 6, 2005
  9. Yes. I added up the contents of the 28 folders and came to 466MB.

    Jim/Sue Muschany, Aug 6, 2005
  10. "Jim/Sue Muschany" <> wrote in news:iDTIe.69923
    $:

    > Yes. I added up the contents of the 28 folders and came to 466MB.

    That was a stupid question for me to ask. I should have read closer.

    Ed

    --
    Freedom is never free....

    Top (retired), Aug 6, 2005