    Trying to burn image I get the message Power Calibration error.
    Please advise me in this regard.
    Thanks.

    Jag Chan, Nov 24, 2006

  2. Jag Chan

    SgtMinor Guest

    Jag Chan wrote:

    > I have Windows xp with service pack 2.
    > Recently I have started facing a peculiar problem.
    > I cannot burn my cd's.
    > It started when my cd drive coul not read my 185 MB cdrw disc.
    > Now it even does not recognise 700MB disc.
    > whenever I insert 700MB disc in properties it shows 0MB and free space 0MB
    > If after restarting computer I can get the drive to show free space, but I
    > cannot copy.
    > Trying to burn image I get the message Power Calibration error.
    > Please advise me in this regard.
    > Thanks.

    Could be poor quality media, or broken or dirty CD-RW drive (clean
    with some compressed air or a brush type cleaning CD).

    SgtMinor, Nov 24, 2006

  3. Jag Chan wrote:

    > I cannot burn my cd's.
    > It started when my cd drive coul not read my 185 MB cdrw disc.
    > Now it even does not recognise 700MB disc.
    > whenever I insert 700MB disc in properties it shows 0MB and free space 0MB
    > If after restarting computer I can get the drive to show free space, but I
    > cannot copy.
    > Trying to burn image I get the message Power Calibration error.
    > Please advise me in this regard.

    Stop smoking and buy another cdrw drive :/

    Walter Mautner, Nov 24, 2006
  4. Jag Chan

    Gaius Baltar Guest

    On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 03:50:00 +0000 (UTC), Jag Chan <>
    wrote:

    >I have Windows xp with service pack 2.
    >Recently I have started facing a peculiar problem.
    >I cannot burn my cd's.
    >It started when my cd drive coul not read my 185 MB cdrw disc.
    >Now it even does not recognise 700MB disc.
    >whenever I insert 700MB disc in properties it shows 0MB and free space 0MB
    >If after restarting computer I can get the drive to show free space, but I
    >cannot copy.
    >Trying to burn image I get the message Power Calibration error.
    >Please advise me in this regard.
    >Thanks.

    Probably a fault in the burner itself (you didn't say what type or if
    DVD burner etc). They are cheap enough to buy. Or take it a techo who
    will only charge $30 or so to confirm that it is in fact faulty.

    gb

    Gaius Baltar, Nov 24, 2006