    Can anyone advise on what I am doing wrong?

    Cheers
    Jamie

    Jamie&Rachel, Feb 11, 2006

  2. Jamie&Rachel wrote:
    > Hope someone can help me on this
    > When burning cds in particular audio cd's I always manage to get a failure
    > "at the end of disc at once" the cd plays in cd players (but not all the
    > tracks) so there is something wrong.
    > Reinstalled my laptop (Windoes XP Hme Sp2) and tried nero 6.6 and 7 but same
    > results.
    > Can anyone advise on what I am doing wrong?
    >
    > Cheers
    > Jamie

    When you open Nero, cancel the wizard and use the toolbar to create a
    new session, see if that helps.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Feb 11, 2006

  3. Jamie&Rachel

    Mitch Guest

    In article <OGsHf.26294$>, Jamie&Rachel
    <> wrote:

    > Hope someone can help me on this
    > When burning cds in particular audio cd's I always manage to get a failure
    > "at the end of disc at once" the cd plays in cd players (but not all the
    > tracks) so there is something wrong.
    > Reinstalled my laptop (Windoes XP Hme Sp2) and tried nero 6.6 and 7 but same
    > results.
    > Can anyone advise on what I am doing wrong?

    Might you be trying to burn a really huge amount of time?
    in other words, have you had the problem where the amount burned isn't
    near the capacity?
    Just because a disc says it can hold a few more minutes doesn't mean
    every player can use that.
    Trying to remember the basic CD capacity -- was it 74 minutes?
    So if a blank says it can hold 90 minutes, assume that has the word
    'sometimes' on it.

    Mitch, Feb 12, 2006
  4. Jamie&Rachel

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 01:03:43 GMT, Mitch <> wrote:

    >In article <OGsHf.26294$>, Jamie&Rachel
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> Hope someone can help me on this
    >> When burning cds in particular audio cd's I always manage to get a failure
    >> "at the end of disc at once" the cd plays in cd players (but not all the
    >> tracks) so there is something wrong.
    >> Reinstalled my laptop (Windoes XP Hme Sp2) and tried nero 6.6 and 7 but same
    >> results.
    >> Can anyone advise on what I am doing wrong?

    Could be a fault in the burner - the arm holding the laser might be
    jamming towards the outer edge of the disk.

    I had a burner than did this - fixed by removing cover and applying
    drop of WD-40 to screw that moved laser across the disc

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Feb 12, 2006
  5. Jamie&Rachel

    Dave Keays Guest

    Jimmy Dean wrote:
    > On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 01:03:43 GMT, Mitch <> wrote:
    >
    >> In article <OGsHf.26294$>, Jamie&Rachel
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hope someone can help me on this
    >>> When burning cds in particular audio cd's I always manage to get a failure
    >>> "at the end of disc at once" the cd plays in cd players (but not all the
    >>> tracks) so there is something wrong.
    >>> Reinstalled my laptop (Windoes XP Hme Sp2) and tried nero 6.6 and 7 but same
    >>> results.
    >>> Can anyone advise on what I am doing wrong?

    > Could be a fault in the burner - the arm holding the laser might be
    > jamming towards the outer edge of the disk.
    >
    > I had a burner than did this - fixed by removing cover and applying
    > drop of WD-40 to screw that moved laser across the disc
    >
    > jd

    I don't know if this will help, but let me give it a try.

    I was having errors both reading and writing CDs that I couldn't track down
    until I reseated the HardDisk. They kept coming up as "hardware error" in the
    event viewer.

    I guess the CD used the same IDE channel as the HD.

    The main problem with laptops is that I don't know anything about them. Sounds
    like I just diagnosed myself as a technophobe. 8^)

    --

    Dave Keays

    Dave Keays, Feb 13, 2006