    Thanks In advance for any help on this.
    Regards
    Jamie

    Jamie&Rachel, Jan 30, 2006

  2. Jamie&Rachel

    Jamie&Rachel Guest

    "Jamie&Rachel" <> wrote in message
    news:FIiDf.18696$...
    > hope someone can help me with this one. ive had my laptop about a year
    > now and never had any problems with it (Sony VAIO P4 3ghz) it has a
    > pioneer dvd rw drive...which has worked perfectly with no problems (using
    > any cd software i could lay my hands on)
    > a couple of days ago i burned a vcd no problems, but that is it ever since
    > when i burn a cd it comes up as sucessful but upon checking the cd
    > afterwards it apears to be blank??!! Even tried using the integrated
    > windows cd burning wizard (drag and drop style) but that doesnt even burn
    > to the cd but comes up "cannot complete the windows cd burning wizard".
    > I've been googling the symptoms all day yesterday and after using nero
    > infotool to check ASPI layers it said there were no ASPI layer installed
    > for windows (though the one for nero was installed and working correctly)
    > so i downloaded aspi_v471.exe and that shows now on the nero
    > infotool...but still the same problem. Anyone have any ideas about the
    > problem I may be having? Thanks In advance for any help on this.
    > Regards
    > Jamie

    I forgot to mention the specifics

    I'm running WIN XP HOME sp2 using nero 7.0.1.2
    The drive is pioneer dvd rw dvr-k14
    i have reinstalled the laptop back to factory settings but the problem still
    occurs....could it be a dodgy dvd drive?

    regards jamie

    Jamie&Rachel, Jan 30, 2006

  3. Jamie&Rachel

    PC Guest

    > hope someone can help me with this one. ive had my laptop about a year
    > now and never had any problems with it (Sony VAIO P4 3ghz) it has a
    > pioneer dvd rw drive...which has worked perfectly with no problems (using
    > any cd software i could lay my hands on)
    > a couple of days ago i burned a vcd no problems, but that is it ever since
    > when i burn a cd it comes up as sucessful but upon checking the cd
    > afterwards it apears to be blank??!! Even tried using the integrated
    > windows cd burning wizard (drag and drop style) but that doesnt even burn
    > to the cd but comes up "cannot complete the windows cd burning wizard".
    > I've been googling the symptoms all day yesterday and after using nero
    > infotool to check ASPI layers it said there were no ASPI layer installed
    > for windows (though the one for nero was installed and working correctly)
    > so i downloaded aspi_v471.exe and that shows now on the nero
    > infotool...but still the same problem. Anyone have any ideas about the
    > problem I may be having? Thanks In advance for any help on this.
    > Regards
    > Jamie

    Jamie

    From my experience your symptoms are those of a burner that has died.
    Do check the disks you've burnt in another PC.
    You could try cleaning the lens.
    Have you changed the brand of disk you're using?
    Otherwise be prepared to buy a new drive.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Jan 30, 2006
  4. Jamie&Rachel

    Fred Tehbot Guest

    Jamie&Rachel <>, skulked in
    <FIiDf.18696$>:

    > hope someone can help me with this one.

    Ask your friends for help.

    > ive had my laptop about a year now and never had any problems with it
    > (Sony VAIO P4 3ghz) it has a pioneer dvd rw drive.

    Not even once?

    > which has worked perfectly with no problems (using any cd software i
    > could lay my hands on) a couple of days ago i burned a vcd no
    > problems, but that is it ever since when i burn a cd it comes up as
    > sucessful but upon checking the cd afterwards it apears to be
    > blank??!! Even tried using the integrated windows cd burning wizard
    > (drag and drop style) but that doesnt even burn to the cd but comes up
    > "cannot complete the windows cd burning wizard".

    Do you really believe that you could lay your hands on) a couple of days
    ago you burned a vcd no problems?

    > I've been googling the symptoms all day yesterday and after using nero
    > infotool to check ASPI layers it said there were no ASPI layer
    > installed for windows (though the one for nero was installed and
    > working correctly) so i downloaded aspi_v471.

    I suspect your post makes perfect sense only after consuming a few of
    those funny biscuits they sell at 'alternative gatherings.' Very odd.

    > exe and that shows now on the nero infotool.

    Now that is really confusing. Can anyone make any sense of it all?

    > but still the same problem.

    Have you seen a psychiatrist about that problem?

    > Anyone have any ideas about the problem I may be having? Thanks In
    > advance for any help on this.

    Get fucked in advance.

    > Regards Jamie.

    What do you want for Christmas?

    Fred Tehbot, Jan 30, 2006
  5. Jamie&Rachel wrote:

    hope someone can help me with this one. ive had my laptop about a year now
    >and never had any problems with it (Sony VAIO P4 3ghz) it has a pioneer dvd
    >rw drive...which has worked perfectly with no problems (using any cd
    >software i could lay my hands on)
    >a couple of days ago i burned a vcd no problems, but that is it ever since
    >when i burn a cd it comes up as sucessful but upon checking the cd
    >afterwards it apears to be blank??!! Even tried using the integrated
    >windows cd burning wizard (drag and drop style) but that doesnt even burn to
    >the cd but comes up "cannot complete the windows cd burning wizard". I've
    >been googling the symptoms all day yesterday and after using nero infotool
    >to check ASPI layers it said there were no ASPI layer installed for windows
    >(though the one for nero was installed and working correctly) so i
    >downloaded aspi_v471.exe and that shows now on the nero infotool...but still
    >the same problem. Anyone have any ideas about the problem I may be having?
    >Thanks In advance for any help on this.
    >Regards
    >Jamie

    Is it important to you that your laptop about a year now?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  6. Re: Re: cd burning problem

    Jamie&Rachel wrote:

    >I forgot to mention the specifics
    >
    >I'm running WIN XP HOME sp2 using nero 7.0.1.2
    >The drive is pioneer dvd rw dvr-k14
    >i have reinstalled the laptop back to factory settings but the problem still
    >occurs....could it be a dodgy dvd drive?
    >
    >regards jamie

    How long have you been running WIN XP HOME sp2 using nero 7?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  7. Re: Re: cd burning problem

    PC wrote:

    >Jamie
    >
    >From my experience your symptoms are those of a burner that has died.
    >Do check the disks you've burnt in another PC.
    >You could try cleaning the lens.
    >Have you changed the brand of disk you're using?
    >Otherwise be prepared to buy a new drive.
    >
    >Cheers
    >Paul.

    Your experience my symptoms are those of a burner that has died?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  8. Re: Re: cd burning problem

    Fred Tehbot wrote:

    >Ask your friends for help.
    >

    >Not even once?
    >

    >Do you really believe that you could lay your hands on) a couple of days
    >ago you burned a vcd no problems?
    >

    >I suspect your post makes perfect sense only after consuming a few of
    >those funny biscuits they sell at 'alternative gatherings.' Very odd.
    >

    >Now that is really confusing. Can anyone make any sense of it all?
    >

    >Have you seen a psychiatrist about that problem?
    >

    >Get fucked in advance.
    >

    >What do you want for Christmas?

    Why are you concerned over my friends for help?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  9. Jamie&Rachel

    Jamie&Rachel Guest

    Re: Re: cd burning problem

    "Liza Smorgaborgsson" <> wrote in message

    > How long have you been running WIN XP HOME sp2 using nero 7?

    Well Sp2 was as standard with the machine from new, nero 7 since about
    october i think. I have reinstalled system and rolled back to nero 6.6.0.1
    to no avail.

    Regards, JAMIE

    Jamie&Rachel, Jan 30, 2006
  10. Re: Re: Re: cd burning problem

    Jamie&Rachel wrote:

    >Well Sp2 was as standard with the machine from new, nero 7 since about
    >october i think. I have reinstalled system and rolled back to nero 6.6.0.1
    >to no avail.
    >

    >Regards, JAMIE

    What do you think machines have to do with your problem?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  11. Jamie&Rachel

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 06:52:21 GMT, "Jamie&Rachel"
    <> wrote:

    >hope someone can help me with this one. ive had my laptop about a year now

    Still in warranty?

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Jan 30, 2006
  12. Re: Re: cd burning problem

    Jimmy Dean wrote:

    On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 06:52:21 GMT, "Jamie&Rachel"

    >Still in warranty?
    >
    >jd

    That is interesting. Please continue.

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 30, 2006
  13. Re: Re: Re: cd burning problem

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  14. Re: Re: Re: Re: cd burning problem

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    >Jimmy Dean wrote:
    >
    >That is interesting. Please continue.

    Please go on.

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  15. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cd burning problem

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    >Elizavita Chirkova wrote:
    >
    >Please go on.

    I'm not sure I understand you fully.

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  16. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cd burning problem

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    >Elizavita Chirkova wrote:
    >
    >I'm not sure I understand you fully.

    Oh, I fully?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  17. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cd burning problem

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    >Elizavita Chirkova wrote:
    >
    >Oh, I fully?

    Do you say you fully for some special reason?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  18. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cd burning problem

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    Elizavita Chirkova wrote:

    >Elizavita Chirkova wrote:
    >
    >Do you say you fully for some special reason?

    Oh, I fully for some special reason?

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  19. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cd burning problem

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006
  20. Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cd burning problem

    Elizavita Chirkova, Jan 31, 2006