    being one in the drive.

    Any ideas how to fix this?
    Thanks.
    Simon S, Dec 10, 2003

  2. Simon S

    Edward\(1\) Guest

    Hi, Simon.

    It looks like you need to visit the drive's Manufacturer's website and
    download the latest driver.

    Good luck,

    Ed

    "Simon S" <> wrote in message
    > My Sony GR214MP laptop CD burner is giving me some problems (it's a Sony
    > model PCGA-RDVG1/Hitachi-LG GCC-4080N).
    >
    > For some reason, after removing and re-installing the drive, Windows (XP)
    > does not recognise it as a CDRW, just as a CD (the Recording tab on the
    > drive properties is missing). This necessitates me going to
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CD
    > Burning\Drives to change the drive type from 3 to 2.
    >
    > This makes the Recording tab re-appear, but the choice of write speeds has
    > been reduced to just 1X or Fastest, and in any case the Windows CD writing
    > wizard now doesn't work, telling me to insert a write-able CD, despite

    there

    Edward\(1\), Dec 10, 2003

  3. Simon S

    mp Guest

    make sure you installed the ASPI layer (done via windows update, or another
    site); worked for me

    mp, Dec 10, 2003
  4. "Simon S" <> wrote in message
    > My Sony GR214MP laptop CD burner is giving me some problems (it's a Sony
    > model PCGA-RDVG1/Hitachi-LG GCC-4080N).
    >
    > For some reason, after removing and re-installing the drive, Windows (XP)
    > does not recognise it as a CDRW, just as a CD (the Recording tab on the
    > drive properties is missing). This necessitates me going...

    = I have to go ?

    Apologies, if English is your second language.
    Trevor §m¡th, Dec 10, 2003
  5. Since a week I've a big probleme.
    If I burn adio cd's each time at 5 or 7% the recorder stops burning when i
    use cd-r higher as 40 speed.
    I've an Liteon ltr 1210B and I use Nero 5.5...... , 12x10x40x
    When I use cd-r's with 8 speed it does work, but I cant find anymore of
    them.
    Can anybody please help to solve the probleme?
    If I have to buy a new recorder its ok with me, but who says its not a
    software probleme.

    Hopefully you can help me

    Greetings, Fred van Velthoven

    Fred Van Velthoven, Dec 10, 2003
  6. Simon S

    IC Guest

    Fred Van Velthoven wrote:
    > Since a week I've a big probleme.
    > If I burn adio cd's each time at 5 or 7% the recorder stops burning
    > when i use cd-r higher as 40 speed.
    > I've an Liteon ltr 1210B and I use Nero 5.5...... , 12x10x40x
    > When I use cd-r's with 8 speed it does work, but I cant find anymore
    > of them.
    > Can anybody please help to solve the probleme?
    > If I have to buy a new recorder its ok with me, but who says its not a
    > software probleme.
    >

    > Hopefully you can help me
    >
    > Greetings, Fred van Velthoven

    You might want to go to:
    http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/english/index-english.htm
    and download the latest firmware update for that model.
    IC, Dec 10, 2003
  7. Simon S

    Simon S Guest

    English is my first language, tosser.

    However, it seems that English is not your first language; if it were, you
    might understand the name of this newsgroup, which is for discussing pc
    support issues. So if you want to be pedantic about the English language, go
    somewhere else and bore someone else with your boring observations.

    You've been reading too much Eats Shoots and Leaves.

    Simon S, Dec 10, 2003
  8. Simon S

    Ron Goodenow Guest

    What operating system are you using? I had similar (and other) problems
    develop on my Windows 98SE computers and Plextor and TDK burners with
    Nero and was advised by an expert that there are occasionally serious
    conflicts between Nero and 98SE that develop over time and are not
    easily fixed. You might buy a small pack of another brand of discs and
    try them. Some brands of discs are known to cause some problems, which
    would be fixed with upgraded firmware. However, before investing a lot
    in hardware or discs download another program and see if it works. I
    dropped Nero in favor of CD Mate and have had no further problems, even
    with 48+ speed discs (my burners have same speed as yours). Good luck!

    Ron Goodenow, Dec 11, 2003
  9. I use windows xp, I can't find new firmware for the liteon LTR 12102B
    12x10x40x

    Fred Van Velthoven, Dec 11, 2003