  1. please help i have tried several different blank cds, several different
    programs and it starts to burn the tracks to disk and then it tells me to
    verify that the disk is blank and clean which i have done, please help
    computer dude, Jun 14, 2006

  2. computer dude

    Old Gringo Guest

    computer dude wrote:
    > please help i have tried several different blank cds, several different
    > programs and it starts to burn the tracks to disk and then it tells me to
    > verify that the disk is blank and clean which i have done, please help

    Might try getting a can of air and blowing the dust out of the CD burner.

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Old Gringo, Jun 14, 2006

  3. thanks thats a good idea, simple yet prob effective

    computer dude, Jun 14, 2006
  4. computer dude

    doS Guest

    try a brillo pad on the cd

    doS, Jun 14, 2006
  5. why must there always be a jack but on here

    computer dude, Jun 14, 2006
  6. computer dude

    mike Guest

    There are also cleaning CDs that brush the grime off the writer lens.
    Walmart, Cosco, have them for under $10.

    Don't fall for the 'DVD' ones.
    A CD lens cleaning disk works also on DVD drives.

    Mike

    -----------------
    -----------------
    mike, Jun 15, 2006
  7. computer dude

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 20:36:51 -0400, "computer dude" <> wrote:

    >please help i have tried several different blank cds, several different
    >programs and it starts to burn the tracks to disk and then it tells me to
    >verify that the disk is blank and clean which i have done, please help

    Try your local TAFE.

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
    Barry OGrady, Jun 15, 2006
  8. computer dude

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:46:59 -0400, "computer dude" <> wrote:

    >why must there always be a jack but on here

    You mean people who top post and don't punctuate?

    Barry OGrady, Jun 15, 2006
  9. What do u mean try my local TAFE?

    I also ran a cd cleaning cd in my pc twice and it still says make sure cd is
    clean and not damaged, yet some how one day i got two cds to burn during all
    this but never since?

    computer dude, Jun 17, 2006
  10. computer dude

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:TxWkg.13361$,
    computer dude spewed forth STUPIDLY AT THE TOP OF THE THREAD:
    > "Barry OGrady" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 20:36:51 -0400, "computer dude"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> please help i have tried several different blank cds, several
    >>> different programs and it starts to burn the tracks to disk and
    >>> then it tells me to verify that the disk is blank and clean which i
    >>> have done, please help

    >> Try your local TAFE.
    >>

    > What do u mean try my local TAFE?
    >
    > I also ran a cd cleaning cd in my pc twice and it still says make
    > sure cd is clean and not damaged, yet some how one day i got two cds
    > to burn during all this but never since?

    http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Technical and Further Education

    Next time, look it up yourself, you top-posing baboon.

    Oh, and how old is this drive you're using? What brand/model? Have you
    checked for firmware updates? It could simply be fracked. Borked. DEAD. They
    do that - especially the cheap ones.

    --
    I have CDO. It's like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, only in
    alphabetical order, just like it should be.
    Toolman Tim, Jun 17, 2006
  11. The cd drive should be about 2 and half years old

    How do i check for firmware updates

    computer dude, Jun 17, 2006
  12. computer dude

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:pFWkg.13363$,
    computer dude spewed forth:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> In news:TxWkg.13361$,
    >> computer dude spewed forth STUPIDLY AT THE TOP OF THE THREAD:
    >>> "Barry OGrady" <> wrote in message

    >>> What do u mean try my local TAFE?
    >>>
    >>> I also ran a cd cleaning cd in my pc twice and it still says make
    >>> sure cd is clean and not damaged, yet some how one day i got two cds
    >>> to burn during all this but never since?
    >>>

    >> http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Technical and Further Education
    >>
    >> Next time, look it up yourself, you top-posing baboon.
    >>
    >> Oh, and how old is this drive you're using? What brand/model? Have
    >> you checked for firmware updates? It could simply be fracked.
    >> Borked. DEAD. They do that - especially the cheap ones.
    >>

    > The cd drive should be about 2 and half years old
    >
    > How do i check for firmware updates

    Can't be bothered. If you can't be bothered to scroll to the BOTTOM of the
    conversation and post your drivel there, I can't be bothered to waste time
    walking you through something that someone who calls himself "computer dude"
    should be able to figure out on his own.

    Toolman Tim, Jun 17, 2006
  13. anybody else

    computer dude, Jun 17, 2006
  14. computer dude

    Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/fh9z6

    --
    http://heritage.stsci.edu/gallery/gallery.html
    , Jun 17, 2006
  15. Instead of using cd r i used cd rw and now the disk will only play in my pc
    and not in any radio. Help

    computer dude, Jun 17, 2006
  16. computer dude

    ProfGene Guest

    Most burnt cds will play on any player but some might require that you close
    the disk before they will play.

    ProfGene, Jun 19, 2006
  17. Thats wat i was thinking that the disc had to close in order to play in
    radio cd player but i thought it was automatically closed by the program.

    computer dude, Jun 19, 2006