    Member Business Sources - Beaverton Oregon
    Ethical, Resourceful Professionals at Your Service Since 1992
    www.BusinessSources.net

    Nottoman, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Nottoman

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Nottoman said:

    > Weird. My CD Burner suddenly won't read a CDR it's just burned. It is
    > having trouble finding blank media also. I thought I had a batch of bad
    > CDR's but I think it's something else.
    > Hardware issue or software issue? I reinstalled the ATAPI driver. Try a
    > different one? I think I have the disc that came wiht the burner.
    > Thanks

    Have you cleaned the laser recently?
    Another point, if you have only just burnt the disc, you might try removing it
    from the draw and letting it cool down for a few minutes before trying to read
    it.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 20, 2003

  3. Nottoman

    ICee Guest

    Nottoman wrote:
    > Weird. My CD Burner suddenly won't read a CDR it's just burned. It
    > is having trouble finding blank media also. I thought I had a batch
    > of bad CDR's but I think it's something else.
    > Hardware issue or software issue? I reinstalled the ATAPI driver.
    > Try a different one? I think I have the disc that came wiht the
    > burner. Thanks

    Have you installed the ASPI layer drivers?
    http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/su...m/Microsoft Windows XP&filekey=aspi_471a2.exe

    ICee, Dec 20, 2003
  4. Nottoman

    Nottoman Guest

    Thanks for the tips. I do remember RealOne Player asking me if I wanted to
    install some different drivers as it was having trouble ripping a CD.
    Something about digital ???. Maybe that threw it out of whack.
    I haven't cleaned the laser and don't have a disc that does that.
    I haven't installed the drivers mentioned.
    Regards,
    Nottoman

    Nottoman, Dec 20, 2003