cd burner problem

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Eric, Feb 6, 2005.

  1. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Hello everyone,

    I have a problem I hoping someone can help me with. My Cd burner
    (JustLink RW-161032 CD burner) has recently stopped burning and I'm not
    sure why. It still runs audio and data CDs fine, but won't burn new
    ones.

    Windows XP says the device is working properly. It is using a Microsoft
    Driver (5.1.2535.0) that seems to be the most recent.

    I've tried burning audio and data CDs from Windows Media Player and
    from RealPlayer. This is the error I get:

    "The inserted disc cannot be read. Please ensure that your disc is
    clean and undamaged or insert another disc. (1003)"

    I'm using SONY CD-R 700MB discs. I've used multiple brand-new discs and
    I get the same error.

    Am I just using the wrong kinds of CDs? Or is there something wrong
    with the burner?

    Thanks for the help,
    Eric

    Eric, Feb 6, 2005

  2. Eric

    effi Guest

    "Eric" <> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I have a problem I hoping someone can help me with. My Cd burner
    > (JustLink RW-161032 CD burner) has recently stopped burning and I'm not
    > sure why. It still runs audio and data CDs fine, but won't burn new
    > ones.
    >
    > Windows XP says the device is working properly. It is using a Microsoft
    > Driver (5.1.2535.0) that seems to be the most recent.
    >
    > I've tried burning audio and data CDs from Windows Media Player and
    > from RealPlayer. This is the error I get:
    >
    > "The inserted disc cannot be read. Please ensure that your disc is
    > clean and undamaged or insert another disc. (1003)"
    >
    > I'm using SONY CD-R 700MB discs. I've used multiple brand-new discs and
    > I get the same error.
    >
    > Am I just using the wrong kinds of CDs? Or is there something wrong
    > with the burner?
    >
    > Thanks for the help,
    > Eric

    it may need to be cleaned inside

    effi, Feb 6, 2005

  3. Eric

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Eric wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I have a problem I hoping someone can help me with. My Cd burner
    > (JustLink RW-161032 CD burner) has recently stopped burning and I'm not
    > sure why. It still runs audio and data CDs fine, but won't burn new
    > ones.
    >
    > Windows XP says the device is working properly. It is using a Microsoft
    > Driver (5.1.2535.0) that seems to be the most recent.
    >
    > I've tried burning audio and data CDs from Windows Media Player and
    > from RealPlayer. This is the error I get:
    >
    > "The inserted disc cannot be read. Please ensure that your disc is
    > clean and undamaged or insert another disc. (1003)"
    >
    > I'm using SONY CD-R 700MB discs. I've used multiple brand-new discs and
    > I get the same error.
    >
    > Am I just using the wrong kinds of CDs? Or is there something wrong
    > with the burner?

    Had the same problem early last year with that media with an old Liteon
    16x burner. I blamed the burner and replaced it only to find the same
    problems, and narrowed it down to the media.

    I would try a different brand of media before blaming the drive.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Feb 6, 2005