    burner? Or is there a problem with the drive? Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    -D-

    -D-, Dec 19, 2003

  2. -D-

    jonny bravo Guest

    "-D-" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm running Win2k and encountered the following error when I tried to burn
    > some files onto a new CD-R (Memorex - 52X multi-speed). My burner is 4X
    > speed. The disk wouldn't burn and when I checked the Event Viewer under

    the
    > System Log, the Event Properties showed an error with the following
    > The Device, \Device\CdRom1, has a bad block
    >
    > When I tried to place another CD-R disk that had information on it that I
    > know is a good disk, it couldn't access the disk. I restarted and then
    > tried to access the disk and was able to access the contents on the disk.
    >
    > Does the error above indicate that the CD-R disk is bad and not my CD
    > burner? Or is there a problem with the drive? Any help is appreciated.
    > Thanks in advance.
    > -D-

    any hacked softwaree on that machine??????????? CDilla...Safecast???????

    --
    Jonny Bravo

    ---

    jonny bravo, Dec 20, 2003

  3. -D-

    -D- Guest

    I'm using EasyCD Creator software which isn't a pirated copy. I've been
    using it for several years and never had any problems. What would hacked
    software do in relation to the error I'm getting with the CD burner?
    Thanks.
    -D-

    "jonny bravo" <> wrote in message

    > "-D-" <> wrote in message
    > > I'm running Win2k and encountered the following error when I tried to

    burn
    > > some files onto a new CD-R (Memorex - 52X multi-speed). My burner is 4X
    > > speed. The disk wouldn't burn and when I checked the Event Viewer under

    > the
    > > System Log, the Event Properties showed an error with the following
    > > The Device, \Device\CdRom1, has a bad block
    > >
    > > When I tried to place another CD-R disk that had information on it that

    > > know is a good disk, it couldn't access the disk. I restarted and then
    > > tried to access the disk and was able to access the contents on the

    disk.

    > > Does the error above indicate that the CD-R disk is bad and not my CD
    > > burner? Or is there a problem with the drive? Any help is appreciated.
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > > -D-

    > any hacked softwaree on that machine??????????? CDilla...Safecast???????
    >

    > --
    > Jonny Bravo
    > "I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious." Albert

    Einstein

    -D-, Dec 20, 2003
  4. -D-

    -D- Guest

    Actually, it isn't that bad with the speed, but I should go ahead and
    upgrade. I normally don't burn entire CD's, but when I do it does take
    about 30 minutes or so. So, I'm left with buying a new CD burner with a
    faster speed or lower speed disks because of the difference in dyes?
    -D-

    -D-, Dec 20, 2003
  5. -D-

    Syphillus Guest

    "-D-" <> wrote in message
    > I'm using EasyCD Creator software which isn't a pirated copy. I've been
    > using it for several years and never had any problems. What would hacked
    > software do in relation to the error I'm getting with the CD burner?
    > Thanks.
    > -D-

    Some software comes with antipiracy software that can play hell with your cd
    burner...
    Whether you are copying that program or not....
    It doesn't happen often but it was a possibility....

    --
    Syphilus

    ---

    Syphillus, Dec 21, 2003
  6. -D-

    natural_4u Guest

    I still have a HP Plus CD -RW 8200 series. VERY reliable and still worth $15
    on eBay :)

    ">

    natural_4u, Dec 24, 2003
  7. -D-

    natural_4u Guest

    LG has a 52X burner for under $40 CDN ... you can't beat that!!!!.

    natural_4u, Dec 24, 2003