    the drive doesn't show, but when I start my computer, it's showed.
    I've had it for a few years and I don't have any software. How can I
    get it back? Thanks...

    T. McRae, Jun 23, 2004

  2. T. McRae

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    What make is it? You may have to download the ATAPI drivers for it.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 23, 2004

  3. T. McRae

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Or the laser might have burned out like my bugger did, I only had the thing
    2 months!

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 23, 2004
  4. T. McRae

    Thor Guest

    Check your hard disk controllers in the device manager. Chances are that one
    or more is flagged with a problem.

    Thor, Jun 23, 2004
  5. T. McRae

    mark mandel Guest

    "T. McRae" <> wrote in message
    > Somehow my cd burner isn't listed anymore. I went to "My Computer" and
    > the drive doesn't show, but when I start my computer, it's showed.
    > I've had it for a few years and I don't have any software. How can I
    > get it back? Thanks...

    Is this for Win 98 or ME?

    If so check out http://support.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;189526

    Mark Mandell

    mark mandel, Jun 23, 2004
  6. T. McRae

    Plato Guest

    Lloyd Jones wrote:

    > Or the laser might have burned out like my bugger did, I only had the thing
    > 2 months!

    Well, his drive _may_ be bad however since it shows up at post it should
    still show up in windows even if it is bad.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 23, 2004
  7. T. McRae

    Plato Guest

    Thor wrote:

    > Check your hard disk controllers in the device manager. Chances are that one
    > or more is flagged with a problem.

    I agree. A boot sector virus may cause that as well as a noide key in
    the registry. One can search for a noide key using regedit and delete
    the key(s) if found. It wont do any harm. It can only do good.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 23, 2004
  8. T. McRae

    Trent© Guest

    On 23 Jun 2004 06:40:15 -0700, (T. McRae)
    wrote:

    >Somehow my cd burner isn't listed anymore. I went to "My Computer" and
    >the drive doesn't show, but when I start my computer, it's showed.
    >I've had it for a few years and I don't have any software. How can I
    >get it back? Thanks...

    What operating system?

    Are you running TweakUI?

    Have a nice week...