    my recert is due?

    Open ended question I know, but worth asking?

    Simon M.
    big si, May 24, 2005

  2. Hi,

    I just recertified for CCDP, which is the same recert-exam you need to do in
    order to recert CCNP.
    I can tell you that there are quite some differences between the 640 exam
    content and the 642 exam content. If you're not too familiar with the recent
    networking evolution I'd suggest you to study for the exam using the lastest
    available study materials.
    If it's wise to go for the study guides right now? I don't know. Cisco might
    change the exams again witch obsoletes you study materials again.

    Erik

    Erik Tamminga, May 28, 2005

  3. big si

    Guest

    You seem to have two options.

    Buy the current material, the 642 exams are quite new anyway, and keep
    an eye open for announcements of changes. Take the exam before it
    becomes unavailable.

    or

    Wait to see if a new exam comes along. If one does wait until the old
    exam in no longer available, try to buy books for the new one,
    discover that they will not be available until after your expiry date.
    Buy whole set of new books and take all of the exams again.

    Sorry if this comes accross as somewhat
    cynical. c'est la vie.

    You may of course feel that some of the material has
    not changed much and you do not need to get
    all of the books.
    , May 30, 2005
  4. Go to this link and it will answer your questions

    http://ciscocert.custhelp.com/cgi-b...rch=1&p_search_type=search_fnl&p_sort_by=dflt

    Basically, if you completed the 640 exams you can still take the 642
    exams and they will count towards the same CCNP cert. Cisco will let
    you give at least 1 year before they discontinue an exam, and as of
    now, the 642 exams are still going.

    I finished 3 of the 640 exams but never finished the Support exam. I'm
    studying for it right now. Good luck
    Darth Tyrannus, May 31, 2005