CCNA CCNP Certification

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Karl Tull, Nov 10, 2006.

  1. Karl Tull

    Karl Tull Guest

    Hi there , I'm currently half way through my CCNA and hopefully if I pass
    I'm looking to do my CCNP early next year, I'm 26 and been in IT Support
    /networking for 10 years with various MCPs in Luton , Bedfordshire
    ..

    I was hoping somebody could help answer a few questions. Here's the
    scenario:

    The aim is to study full time early next year for my CCNP , Ideally I would
    like to have the certification within 6-8 months( the sooner the better)
    I've looked at many websites and most offer a boot camp (14 days etc)
    cramming type course which I'm not keen on . I looked at some of the Cisco
    acadamy courses but most if not all tend to be part time and last 2 years.

    My other option is to do the self study at home, Although I feel this is
    achieveable i think there maybe some things I may miss out.

    Does anyone know of any good companies that offer a course for 6 months?

    Can anyone offer any any advise and curriculum ie, test prep book etc... I
    already have 3x 2950 switches and a 2600 router

    What would be an average timescale to home learn CCNP fulltime from
    scratch providing I have the correct equiptment?

    Many thanks in advance

    Karl Tull, Nov 10, 2006

  2. Karl Tull

    Outta Luck Guest

    I can't give any advice, but I can offer some encouragement, I am trying
    to get an eventual CCIE cert, going for the CCNA, CCNP first, as seems to
    be the key...I am doing this as a home study, and using the newsgroups,
    cisco.com, IRC in some instances, google, and bookstores to try to achieve
    this.

    Outta Luck

    Outta Luck, Nov 10, 2006