    Go to http://jcsm.org/hotlavasoftware.htm and see!

    Sincerely,
    CCNA MCSE Software

    CCNA MCSE, Oct 8, 2004

  2. CCNA MCSE

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, CCNA MCSE climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:

    > Hot Lava Software has been a leader in the educational software
    > industry for many years. We have software that can help you pass your
    > CCNA, MCSE, Microsoft, Business Skills, and other tests! We also have
    > some free downloads that you can enjoy.
    >
    > Go to http://jcsm.org/hotlavasoftware.htm and see!
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > CCNA MCSE Software

    We got something *hot* for you, spammer.

    Ben Dover

    JaR, Oct 8, 2004

  3. CCNA MCSE

    billyw Guest

    yuck.. that sounds a bit gay

    billyw, Oct 9, 2004
  4. CCNA MCSE

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, billyw climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > yuck.. that sounds a bit gay

    Ya think?

    JaR, Oct 9, 2004
  5. CCNA MCSE

    billyw Guest

    thtop it

    billyw, Oct 12, 2004
  6. (CCNA MCSE) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hot Lava Software has been a leader in the educational software
    > industry for many years. We have software that can help you pass your
    > CCNA, MCSE, Microsoft, Business Skills, and other tests! We also have
    > some free downloads that you can enjoy.
    >
    > Go to http://jcsm.org/hotlavasoftware.htm and see!
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > CCNA MCSE Software

    The link above leads the reader to a born-again Christian site, run by
    Jason Gastrich, as self-styled minister who believes these kinds of
    antics are perfectly fine as long as one is "once-saved-always-saved."

    Jason's ministry is allegedly non-profit, operating under the laws of
    the State of California. This particular bit of false advertising and
    misdirection will be reported to the appropriate authorities.

    If you're looking for training content for the MCSE and CCNA
    professional certifications, you will NOT find it at the above link.
    Instead, you will find Jason's peculiar brand of fundamentalist
    christianity.

    David Sienkiewicz, Oct 15, 2004
  7. David Sienkiewicz wrote:
    > (CCNA MCSE) wrote in message
    >> Hot Lava Software has been a leader in the educational software
    >> industry for many years. We have software that can help you pass
    >> your CCNA, MCSE, Microsoft, Business Skills, and other tests! We
    >> also have some free downloads that you can enjoy.
    >>
    >> Go to http://jcsm.org/hotlavasoftware.htm and see!
    >>
    >> Sincerely,
    >> CCNA MCSE Software

    > The link above leads the reader to a born-again Christian site, run by
    > Jason Gastrich, as self-styled minister who believes these kinds of
    > antics are perfectly fine as long as one is "once-saved-always-saved."
    >
    > Jason's ministry is allegedly non-profit, operating under the laws of
    > the State of California. This particular bit of false advertising and
    > misdirection will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
    >
    > If you're looking for training content for the MCSE and CCNA
    > professional certifications, you will NOT find it at the above link.
    > Instead, you will find Jason's peculiar brand of fundamentalist
    > christianity.

    Excellent review!

    --
    Fris "Two thumbs down" beeĀ®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.com

    Certaholics

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Oct 15, 2004
  8. CCNA MCSE

    billyw Guest

    did i tell you guys i hate religious types..

    weak minded fools the lot of them

    SINNERS!!!!!

    billyw, Oct 15, 2004
  9. CCNA MCSE

    Neil Guest

    incase you missed it "billyw" <> said in

    > did i tell you guys i hate religious types..
    >
    > weak minded fools the lot of them
    >
    > SINNERS!!!!!

    you really need to learn to express yourself billy. don't hold these
    things in. it will just fester. tell me how you really feel...
    <VBEG>

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Oct 15, 2004
  10. CCNA MCSE

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, CCNA MCSE climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:

    > http://jcsm.org/hotlavasoftware.htm

    If there's anything I hate worse than a lying SOB whore of a spammer. It's
    a lying SOB whore born again fundie spammer.

    LARTs sent to;

    JaR
    NANAE Candidate

    JaR, Oct 15, 2004
  11. CCNA MCSE

    billyw Guest

    thanks for noticing.
    i've always had a problem expressing my feelings

    billyw, Oct 16, 2004
  12. "billyw" <> wrote in message news:<OelfX#>...
    > did i tell you guys i hate religious types..
    >
    > weak minded fools the lot of them
    >
    > SINNERS!!!!!

    Indeed.

    This one, particularly.

    Worry not. He claims to run a tax-exempt ministry in California.
    Those are regulated by certain laws; and he also runs a web hosting
    business, which is also governed by certain laws.

    Jason has been under scrutiny for some time, mostly for his antics in
    other groups, his removal of negative reviews of his "book" at Amazon
    and his purchasing of domain names so that he can use them to redirect
    users to his web site. Those were always dishonest, but this is a
    pretty flagrant case of false advertising and even outright lying to
    his readers.

    David Sienkiewicz, Oct 16, 2004
  13. CCNA MCSE

    billyw Guest

    I fins it almost unbelievable that any religious type would be capable of
    lying... NOT!

    religion is a sales thing, nothing more nothing less.
    "'scuse me sir, would you like to buy my brand of god" and a means of
    control.. as marx said.. the opiate of the masses (or was it lennon, one
    thing is for certain it wasn't ringo)

    "men of god" are invariably the biggest hypocrites in the world..
    nothing like bring god to the masses at the barrel of a gun...

    billyw, Oct 16, 2004
  14. Jason is quite a liar, and he presumes his "once-saved-always-saved"
    theology protects him from eternal punishment.

    I wrote a letter and an email to Hot Lava Software, making them aware
    that Jason has presumed to co-opt their company name and redirect to
    his website. We'll see what they have to say - if anything.

    David Sienkiewicz, Oct 18, 2004
  15. CCNA MCSE

    Bob Guest

    Hello All,

    Jason posted these to help educate people about our neat new mobile
    learning for MCSE and CCNA that we offer from
    http://www.hotlavasoftware.com

    The link below is not correct since the progam with him has ended so
    please go to this link if you would like mobile learning software for
    your palm or pocket pc for MCSE and CCNA.

    http://www.hotlavasoftware.com

    Sorry for any confusion.

    Hot Lava Software

    Bob, Oct 20, 2004
  16. >Jason posted these to help educate people about our neat new mobile
    >learning for MCSE and CCNA that we offer from
    >http://www.hotlavasoftware.com

    yes, and osama bin laden is jewish.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Oct 20, 2004
  17. (Bob) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Jason posted these to help educate people about our neat new mobile
    > learning for MCSE and CCNA that we offer from
    > http://www.hotlavasoftware.com
    >
    > The link below is not correct since the progam with him has ended so
    > please go to this link if you would like mobile learning software for
    > your palm or pocket pc for MCSE and CCNA.
    >
    > http://www.hotlavasoftware.com
    >
    > Sorry for any confusion.
    >
    > Hot Lava Software

    Hello, Bob.

    Well, I guess I'm confused.

    In another message, you tell us that the "program" ended. Here, you
    tell us that the link was messed up.

    But on Jason's site, he says:

    ...we were directing so much traffic to HLS
    that they decided to stop the ads for awhile
    because they were afraid of having to pay
    more money than they have! Shortly afterwards,
    they wanted to begin ads again for a much
    lower rate. We are prayerfully considering
    their offer.

    Bob Sanregret (President of Hot Lava Software)
    provides a testimonial. He says, "I was scared
    that the cost would skyrocket and at the current
    rate it looked like that might happen! (October
    13, 2004)"

    These all seem to conflict.

    If the link was messed up, then you probably didn't get more traffic
    than you could handle, so what Jason says is not true.

    If your ads no longer are sponsored through Jason's "ministry" because
    "the program ended," that, too, would conflict with the other reasnos,
    i.e., the link was messed up or Hot Lava Software couldn't afford it.

    I'm old and cynical, Bob, though not unreasonable. Still, I find it
    rather convenient that this went on for quite some time - nearly two
    weeks - and nothing happened until well after Jason's "mistake" was
    caught.

    It's also a matter of record that Jason masquerades as other
    identities to hawk his book and web site(s), as well as write glowing,
    substanceless, positive reviews of his e-book at Amazon.

    And, of course, it's also well-known that Jason will hijack web
    surfers with domain names very similar to those that he opposes, so
    that when they mistype those domain names into a URL, they stand a
    fair change of being misdirected to his site - a site most surfers
    looking for those domains had no intention of visiting.

    Check, for example, talkorigins.org and talkorigin.org, as well as
    infidelguy.com versus theinfidelguy.com. Other examples abound.

    It's one thing to use the fairly new and widespread availability of
    the web to forward the christian message. It's quite another to
    MISuse it. Jason misuses it, under the guise of "once saved, always
    saved," Jason feels that he can commit any sin as long as it forwards
    his rather peculiar interpretation of modern christianity.
    Consequently, he often engages in deception.

    So, as you can see, doing business with Jason Gastrich is usually
    going to be a losing proposition.

    David Sienkiewicz, Oct 21, 2004
  18. Apology to Jason Gastrich, The Sanregrets and Hot Lava Software (was: Re: CCNA and MCSE Software...)

    (Bob) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hello David:
    >
    > Yes we paid him a couple dollars ($30?) for the number of click
    > throughs we received from his site. I thought we were paying just for
    > his sites traffic and click throughs but he thought differently and
    > added the google group links.

    < snip >

    As Jason pointed out in his single message tonight, I was wrong in my
    original assessment of his tactics and motives in posting the
    advertising for Hot Lava Software.

    While I was NOT wrong, as far as some of us have been able to gather,
    that the links posted by Jason under another assumed name in certain
    technical newsgroups led to the home page of his "ministry" and not to
    anything about Hot Lava Software, I WAS wrong in assuming from that
    that there was no agreement between Jason and that business.

    Jason has constructed redirects before, with the intent of leading
    people to his web site, apparently for the purpose of increasing
    traffic. To this end, Jason purchased domain names very close to
    those whom he opposes (and have also refuted and humiliated him) and
    uses them to generate this traffic. Examples are talkorigin.org
    versus talkoriginS.org and THEinfidelguy.com versus infidelguy.com.

    I had good reason to suspect Jason's motives based on what I observed,
    but this time, those suspicions led to a wrong conclusion.

    But Bob has posted a couple of messages providing some information
    with respect to this issue, and the more important piece of
    information pertinent to this message is that Bob and Jason DID have
    some sort of agreement.

    That Jason violated the agreement in some way and that it didn't quite
    work out for them is not the issue. The issue is that they DID have
    an agreement and so I was wrong to accuse Jason of making up or
    hijacking the name "Hot Lava Software" for his own purposes.

    I retract that accusation and apologize to Jason Gastrich, Bob and
    Marti Sanregret and Hot Lava Software for my mistake in this matter.

    The retraction and apologies in this matter are offered without
    qualification. I was wrong on this matter, period.

    I will also apologize to Jason and Bob for my failure to retract and
    apologize in a more timely manner. All of this information was pretty
    clear at least about 12 or more hours ago - and I did post in that
    time period, but neglected to issue a retraction and apology at that
    time. I should have done that IMMEDIATELY upon being cleared upon
    that point. I failed to do that and it was wrong of me. So I
    apologize again, unreservedly and without qualification, for my
    failure to retract more immediately.

    HDS

    David Sienkiewicz, Oct 22, 2004
  19. Re: Apology to Jason Gastrich, The Sanregrets and Hot Lava Software (was: Re: CCNA and MCSE Software...)

    David Sienkiewicz wrote:
    > (Bob) wrote in message
    >> Hello David:
    >>
    >> Yes we paid him a couple dollars ($30?) for the number of click
    >> throughs we received from his site. I thought we were paying just
    >> for his sites traffic and click throughs but he thought differently
    >> and added the google group links.

    > < snip >
    >
    > As Jason pointed out in his single message tonight, I was wrong in my
    > original assessment of his tactics and motives in posting the
    > advertising for Hot Lava Software.

    <Snip>

    ^&*(^%$$# lawyers...

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Oct 22, 2004
  20. CCNA MCSE

    JaR Guest

    Re: Apology to Jason Gastrich, The Sanregrets and Hot Lava Software (was: Re: CCNA and MCSE Software...)

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, David Sienkiewicz climbed on a
    soapbox & opined:

    <Lawyer-induced grovel snipped>on being cleared upon
    > that point. I failed to do that and it was wrong of me. So I
    > apologize again, unreservedly and without qualification, for my
    > failure to retract more immediately.
    >
    > HDS

    Got a call from the fscking landsharks, I see. What a load of crap.

    JaR
    Disgusted Candidate

    JaR, Oct 22, 2004