CCM over cable

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by chet, Oct 18, 2006.

1. chet

chet

Not sure if I'm posting in the correct forum here or indeed if you can help me or not, anyway here goes: -

I have a Cisco Call Manager here in my home lab with a couple of PC's running IP communicator which are all plugged into a 3550 switch, this set-up works well just in a lab environment but I would like to try and extend its capabilities so I can connect a IP phone that a friend has at his house some miles away

So my 3550 will need to connect to my current cable network, this will effectively put my call manager on the Internet, does anybody know if this can be done at all

Thanks

Martyn
    chet, Oct 18, 2006
    1. Advertising

2. chet

globalchicken

Thats some heavy gear for a home lab..nice...If your call manager wants to be online then you need to get a public IP, or use a router to NAT your current IP. Also your friends phone will need to have a public IP or NAT as well. Going private to public will not work without NAT statements.
    globalchicken, Nov 9, 2006
    1. Advertising

3. chet

chet

Thanks for the Reply, could you explain the last part to me please with regards to the NAT statments

Will the phone that is some distance away have to have its IP and default gatway set and pointit to my CCM?

Thanks

Chet
    chet, Nov 9, 2006
    1. Advertising