    So my 3550 will need to connect to my current cable network, this will effectively put my call manager on the Internet, does anybody know if this can be done at all

    Thanks

    Martyn
    chet, Oct 18, 2006

  2. chet

    globalchicken

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2006
    Messages:
    37
    Location:
    Sacramento
    Thats some heavy gear for a home lab..nice...If your call manager wants to be online then you need to get a public IP, or use a router to NAT your current IP. Also your friends phone will need to have a public IP or NAT as well. Going private to public will not work without NAT statements.
    globalchicken, Nov 9, 2006

  3. chet

    chet

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2006
    Messages:
    5
    Thanks for the Reply, could you explain the last part to me please with regards to the NAT statments

    Will the phone that is some distance away have to have its IP and default gatway set and pointit to my CCM?

    Thanks

    Chet
    chet, Nov 9, 2006