CCM or CCME ?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by AJ, Nov 30, 2006.

  1. AJ

    AJ Guest

    Cost wise solution 1 is the cheaper and more effective.

    If you have full blown CCM, u generally need 2 severs at around 10k GBP a
    piece. This way is cheaper and more effective, tho you loose more advanced
    features like mobile extensions, then again in a small deployment I wouldnt
    worry.

    Only thing, I would reccommend VoIp for a small 5 users office, cost per
    user works out too much, less u specifically want this setup.

    Only when an office gets above 20-30 peeps do we roll inVoIP.

    AJ

    Geoffrey, Nov 30, 2006

  3. AJ

    Geoffrey Guest

    For the sites with 5 users, yes, I think that the cost is too expensive ...
    But (at least for one site), with that, we can phone from Belgium to Frans
    with national call and not international like now, and we have big lot of
    these communications.
    For the other site, yes, ... but my boss hear that communication between our
    3 sites are for free, so, ... free, it's good ... I want it !!! .. But
    don't look at cost installation ...

    Boss is the boss ...

    Geoffrey, Nov 30, 2006
  4. AJ

    AJ Guest

    In which case, the solution 1 is correct.

    We have deployed 2 x CME's in offices of 30 and 40 users and I have just
    completed my first CCM for 200+ users.

    CCM is def a no no for he number of users. You are onto a winner with
    number 1. Only thing to be aware of is the limit per router
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_data_sheet0900aecd8041c303.html

    If you plan to go beyond the levels there, I would look to scale up...

    Eg, a 2811 will support 36 phones max. If you know you may suddenly rocket
    in size, be ready, as your Cisco router will not play ball less its the
    right one :)

    Otherwise good solution, also go for Unity Express voicemail, you are
    looking for AIM Modules. (Placed inside the router)

    Ta

    AJ

    AJ, Nov 30, 2006
  5. AJ

    Geoffrey Guest

    Ok thx.
    For the limit, the 2811 is good enough. Actually we have 5 phones, and I
    think we never had more than 10.

    And yes, Unity Express is a good solution, but it's another (costing) option

    The third vendor I contact, is true, he propose a solution based on
    Asterisk, we that, all the options are included for free

    But I think Cisco is best for us... I hope my boss think that too...

    Geoffrey, Dec 1, 2006