    worked on routers & switches for a year like 2 years back.
    thanks
    Prabhakar

    Prabhakar, Jul 23, 2003

  2. Prabhakar

    Chris Guest

    "Prabhakar" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am interested in taking CCIE Certification.what would be best way of
    > preparing for the exam, so that I can pass in one attempt. I would
    > like to go on Routing & switching track. Please advice me how to go
    > about this exam. I have no any Cisco Certifications until now. But
    > worked on routers & switches for a year like 2 years back.
    > thanks
    > Prabhakar

    So you worked with routers and switches for a year, but two years ago and
    you think that you are ready for the CCIE? Perhaps you should set your
    sights a little bit lower first.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/learning/le3/learning_career_certifications_and_l
    earning_paths_home.html

    Chris.

    Chris, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Prabhakar

    John Agosta Guest

    Shoot for the stars !

    John Agosta, Jul 24, 2003
  4. Prabhakar

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I am interested in taking CCIE Certification.what would be best way of
    > preparing for the exam, so that I can pass in one attempt. I would
    > like to go on Routing & switching track. Please advice me how to go
    > about this exam. I have no any Cisco Certifications until now. But
    > worked on routers & switches for a year like 2 years back.
    > thanks

    Goto www.cisco.com and hit the Certification link. Know everything
    that's listed in the CCIE blueprint by heart.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Jul 24, 2003
  5. Prabhakar

    Amazing Guest

    go to www.cisco.com/ccie

    good luck :)

    also check out www.groupstudy.com and www.netmasterclass.net

    Amazing, Jul 24, 2003
  6. Prabhakar

    The Oracle Guest

    Hi Prabhakar,
    I like your optimism my friend !! Follow Hansang's link. However, you
    should be prepare for some very, very hard and often frustrating work.
    Infact, unless you have a substantial amount of current experience there is
    no way you can pass the CCIE since it is a practical exam - you must
    configure a very complex network - riddled with traps and gotchas - and it
    is then scored in your absense. No one has ever passed it without a lot of
    experience. To say you also want to pass it first time is pushing the
    envelope a bit.

    You must also be aware that there are also people who hold the CCIE who are
    much more experienced than other CCIE's. Don't think that the CCIE is the
    pinnacle and the ultimate destination becuase it is not - it is the start.
    I am a CCIE (#11330) only after much hard work and the help of many people
    on this board like Scott Morris and Hansang. Make sure you follow their
    posts.

    A good resourse to use is:
    www.ccbootcamp.com
    and