CCD Sensor Vacuum?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by MacyPhotography, Jun 12, 2006.

  1. MacyPhotography, Jun 12, 2006

  2. MacyPhotography

    Guest

    MacyPhotography wrote:
    > Curious if anyone has tried a sensor vacuum or cleaning dust.
    > I've seen this product mentioned in other forums, just looking for
    > anyone who might have tried it.
    >
    > http://www.green-cleanusa.com/sensor-cleaning-kits.html

    Compressed air from Staples. Period. I've had one speck of dust on my
    sensor since learning how to do this, and I blew it right off. Even
    after heavy use, I'll blow it across the filter and throughout the
    housing and as I said, I haven't had a speck in well over a year. I
    check every so often at f/18 focused on a blue sky, and nothing.

    , Jun 13, 2006

  3. In article <>,
    "MacyPhotography" <> wrote:

    > Curious if anyone has tried a sensor vacuum or cleaning dust.
    > I've seen this product mentioned in other forums, just looking for
    > anyone who might have tried it.
    >
    > http://www.green-cleanusa.com/sensor-cleaning-kits.html

    I've used a simple brush with blower bulb. It helps to clean the CCD
    over the output of an air filter (real filter, not an ionizer!) so you
    don't add new dust. It takes me about 10 seconds to get a perfectly
    clean CCD.

    Kevin McMurtrie, Jun 13, 2006