    Sincerely,
    Alex
    California central coast

    AArDvarK, Jan 9, 2004

  2. "AArDvarK" <cravdraa@yahoo*SPAMLESS*.com> wrote in news:95xLb.55725$m83.31837
    @fed1read01:

    > Is it possible in a Nikon 950? Point being is to install
    > a "better" CCD than the original ... possible?

    Everything is possible, but in this case ... nope
    it is not possible within any reasonable cost. The
    drive logic and also the housing is an integrated
    part of the camera as much as the sensor.

    So - the cheapest way to get a better sensor is to
    buy another camera.

    Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Jan 9, 2004

  3. AArDvarK

    AArDvarK Guest

    Thanks ... I sure wish they'd done a better job on
    the 950's CCD ... dinjy, fuzzy, dim ... worthless
    for normal shooting by hand unless the sun is
    nice and bright. Even then it must be held very
    steadily! ... I wonder if I could just buy a new
    CCD and do the soldering myself.
    --
    Sincerely,
    Alex

    AArDvarK, Jan 9, 2004
  4. AArDvarK

    Mark Herring Guest

    It's much more than just changing the sensor. The on-board computer
    has firmware with correction factors that ar unique to the sensor.

    By the time you were done , you would spend maybe 2-4X what it would
    cost to get a newer camera.

    On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 04:26:01 -0800, "AArDvarK"
    <cravdraa@yahoo*SPAMLESS*.com> wrote:

    >Is it possible in a Nikon 950? Point being is to install
    >a "better" CCD than the original ... possible?

    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

    Mark Herring, Jan 10, 2004