    dust on my D70 and I am looking for a good way to clean it without screwing
    it up.
    Thx in advance
    Petr, Aug 10, 2004

  2. Petr wrote:
    > Has anyone cleaned their CCD or CMOS for that matter. I have quite a
    > bit of dust on my D70 and I am looking for a good way to clean it
    > without screwing it up.
    > Thx in advance

    Take it to your Nikon rep, or any other authorizes Nikon service center, and
    they'll do it safer and better than you ever could. I don't know about the
    prices, over there, but I payed about 12 euros to get cleaned my Canon 10D
    in Croatia. And I was in a hurry, so I got the camera back the same day
    (usually, it takes one day service to get it done).

    --
    ------------------------------
    online photo portfolio

    " If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph
    the event, what film would you use?" - Anonymous
    Drazen Stojcic / BUNTOVNIK, Aug 10, 2004

  3. Petr

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Petr"

    >Has anyone cleaned their CCD or CMOS for that matter. I have quite a bit of
    >dust on my D70 and I am looking for a good way to clean it without screwing
    >it up.

    Just got thru cleaning three of them after a long trip, what a pain!

    Here are sites with what you need to know ...

    http://www.pbase.com/copperhill/ccd_cleaning (best overview, I bought his
    spatula and it works fine)
    http://www.photo.net/equipment/digital/sensorcleaning/ (different techniques
    are explained)
    http://www.birdsasart.com/bn134.htm (similar to the first one)

    Take your time and be careful and you should be OK.

    Bill
    Bill Hilton, Aug 10, 2004
  4. Petr

    photo35744 Guest