    Mario Guest

    I would like to know yours opinion about CBT Nuggets, Learnkey and Microsoft
    Tool Kit. What do you think is better than the others

    Mario, Apr 15, 2005

  2. Mario

    Jason Guest

    Respectively:
    CBT Nuggets - borderline if not illegal crap
    Learnkey - meh
    MS Tool Kit - good enough if you have prior experience

    Jason, Apr 16, 2005

  3. Mario

    Jens Henrik Guest

    CBT Nuggets videos are GREAT! I used some of them, when
    taking my MCDST. Todd (as the name os the teacher is) is
    very informative as well as humorous.

    You could eventually download Virtual PC 2004 Trial
    version, and build the whole scenario, by using the
    scripts from the CDs Inside your MOC books (if you have
    them).

    Did you take the MOC courses?
    In my city Odense - Denmark, it costs approx. $500/week.
    These courses are based on "self learning" and called
    flex-learn. They made the CBT videos available for me.

    By the way: I forgot to mention a book i also
    read: "Mastering Windows XP Professional" by Mark Minasi
    (1021 pages) - www.minasi.com - It´s "long hairy stuff".

    You could also register fo a free 180 day version and
    download the "Clinic 2263" from:

    https://www.microsoftelearning.com/eLearning/offerContent.
    aspx?offerPriceId=54989

    I used it to refresh my memory (the material was not
    quite as good as i expected).

    But still...
    1)Read the MOC books.
    2)Sort/categorize and then view the CBT videos in the
    correct order. I think i have an overview...
    3)Use the "What you really need to know" in back of the
    Thomson Book/s. Then eventually re-read the specific
    issues.
    4) Read the "Cram sheets" JUST before entering the "Black
    hole" to clear your mind.

    SUCCESS! You have PASSED...

    Best luck to you

    Jens Henrik

    message

    Jens Henrik, Apr 16, 2005
  4. Mario

    Guest Guest

    Learnkey Videos Dont take you to the depth as
    compared to MS Press Official Study Guides.

    Guest, Apr 16, 2005
  5. Mario

    gmaster Guest

    I found CBT nuggets the best BUT only for an overview,
    you need the books.

    ---I used a combination of cbt nuggets, a home network of
    DC's and books. CBT nuggets is good to fill in the
    blanks if you have not been on a course and are wanting a
    grounding on each topic in the exam or don't understand
    what you are reading and want an oral explanation. Good
    for a Sunday afternoon on the couch.

    However there is not enough content in them to use soley
    to pass, in fact not much mention is made to what you
    will expect in an exam. They are a bit like sitting in a
    networking lecture.

    I found their TCP\IP video on 70-210 good as a reresher
    on subnetting.

    In summary I realy like to use them as my first overview
    when starting to study, before hitting the big fat books
    hard and then rounding of my study with an exam cram.
    Above all have a network at home you can play with and
    try all the features.

    gmaster, Apr 17, 2005
  6. Mario

    Mario Guest

    Thanx guys for your comments. I have got all these stuff, I mean (Lernkey,
    CBT Nuggets and Microsoft Toolkit). I'll take 70-271 in 3 weeks time and let
    you know the score.
    Best regrds.
    MArio

    Mario, Apr 17, 2005
  7. Mario

    Shailesh Guest

    "Mario" wrote:

    > Thanx guys for your comments. I have got all these stuff, I mean (Lernkey,
    > CBT Nuggets and Microsoft Toolkit). I'll take 70-271 in 3 weeks time and let
    > you know the score.
    > Best regrds.
    > MArio
    >
    > "gmaster" wrote:
    >
    > > I found CBT nuggets the best BUT only for an overview,
    > > you need the books.
    > >
    > > ---I used a combination of cbt nuggets, a home network of
    > > DC's and books. CBT nuggets is good to fill in the
    > > blanks if you have not been on a course and are wanting a
    > > grounding on each topic in the exam or don't understand
    > > what you are reading and want an oral explanation. Good
    > > for a Sunday afternoon on the couch.
    > >
    > > However there is not enough content in them to use soley
    > > to pass, in fact not much mention is made to what you
    > > will expect in an exam. They are a bit like sitting in a
    > > networking lecture.
    > >
    > > I found their TCP\IP video on 70-210 good as a reresher
    > > on subnetting.
    > >
    > > In summary I realy like to use them as my first overview
    > > when starting to study, before hitting the big fat books
    > > hard and then rounding of my study with an exam cram.
    > > Above all have a network at home you can play with and
    > > try all the features.

    I am Going to give 70-271 after 25 days.
    I have read Sybex Books, MS Press 70-271, Learnkey Video.
    I found MS Press To be most helpful and detailed with links of further
    reading on the net.
    Learnkey focuses on key points which are thoroughly discussed in MS Press
    Book.

    Later i found Exam Cram Book Which Is very much detailed.
    I recommend MS Press And Exam Cram books.

    After Readig the books try Simulation Engines to measure your depth.
    I recommend Transcender Exam Simulator and Exam Force Simulator

    Shailesh, Apr 25, 2005