    these? Can you tell me which one is better?

    Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

    Kappa

    Kappa, Nov 27, 2006

  2. "Kappa" wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I know training video packs does not cover all the topics and one
    > should not rely on these fully. I am going to read the Microsoft
    > Training Kit books. Just to give me a good start and an understanding
    > of MCSE exams I am going to buy CBT Nugget CDs on 70-290 and 70-291
    > exams. There is also one provided by VTC. Have anybody tried any of
    > these? Can you tell me which one is better?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
    >
    > Kappa

    VTC's training programs are very basic and considered for beginner in my
    believe. Plus, you can get your certificate from VTC without even going
    through all the lessons. All you need to do is open them (lessons) and then
    close and voila you are certified :-(). However, as I said earlier, VTC is
    good for a person whose doesn't have any or very little clue about the topic
    because it provides on screen demonstration.

    =?Utf-8?B?RHJhZ29uIFdpdGhvdXQgV2luZ3M=?=, Nov 27, 2006

  3. Kappa

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I am going to read the Microsoft
    >Training Kit books.

    don't bother.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 27, 2006
  4. Kappa

    Guest

    You can try also LearnKey ... They are great :)

    On Nov 27, 3:09 pm, Kline Sphere <.@> wrote:
    > >I am going to read the Microsoft
    > >Training Kit books.don't bother.

    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    , Nov 28, 2006
  5. Kappa

    Kappa Guest

    Just your reply made me curious to ask you something. Do you think they
    are not worth it? I have Sybex books on MCSE as well, but I can't read
    both. I can imagine if one of them covers some topics in a better way
    while other might be better in covering some other topics. But at the
    end of the day you can't master everything using any of the books. I
    just need to pass the exam with good margin. :) But if you can suggest
    some books for 70-290 & 70-291.

    Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

    Kappa

    Kappa, Nov 28, 2006
  6. Kappa

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Do you think they
    >are not worth it?

    personally, I'd avoid all books with mcse in title. For my experience,
    the ms press training books used to be total crap and flicking through
    a few recently, they have not changed. Sybex training books appear to
    have better reviews, but I've never read any of them so I can't say.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 28, 2006
  7. Kappa

    kpg Guest

    As Kline Sphere once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    >>Do you think they
    >>are not worth it?

    > personally, I'd avoid all books with mcse in title. For my experience,
    > the ms press training books used to be total crap and flicking through
    > a few recently, they have not changed. Sybex training books appear to
    > have better reviews, but I've never read any of them so I can't say.

    Bottom line (IMHO) MS books cover 90%-95% of the topics but only at an
    introductory level. If you take each topic, explore it as far as you can
    using other resources, then you have a chance. That is, understand that
    90% of an iceberg is below water. Then again, using the exam objectives
    alone is 100% (?) topic-complete, but in this case 100% of the iceberg
    is under water. The moral of the story: know your specific gravities.

    kpg, Nov 28, 2006
  8. Kappa

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >>>Do you think they
    >>>are not worth it?

    >> personally, I'd avoid all books with mcse in title. For my experience,
    >> the ms press training books used to be total crap and flicking through
    >> a few recently, they have not changed. Sybex training books appear to
    >> have better reviews, but I've never read any of them so I can't say.

    >Bottom line (IMHO) MS books cover 90%-95% of the topics but only at an
    >introductory level. If you take each topic, explore it as far as you can
    >using other resources, then you have a chance.

    Personally, that's what I use the prep guide for.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Nov 28, 2006