CBAC

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by mikester, Apr 20, 2004.

  1. mikester

    mikester Guest

    X-No-Archive=Yes
    Hey all,

    I have a question regarding the ability to use Context Based ACcess
    lists;

    I have a rather large organization that has a large infrustructer, we
    have a centralized web caching engine structure that all web traffic
    goes through to get out to the internet. At the moment at our hub
    sites where our clients are located we have mass infections of many of
    the different virii that do mass HTTPGET requests. Because all of our
    web traffic is directed to the caching engines those caching engines
    are totally hammered and regularly fail on requests. First things
    first, I can't do anything about the clients - they are not under my
    control in any way shape or form. At the same time I must stop these
    HTTPGET requests from DOS'ing our caching engines. I was thinking that
    a Context based access list might be a possible way to go.

    The CBAC Feature set supports a maximum number of tcp half-opens with
    a hold down time; If we did that I might be able to mitigate this
    problem to some extent. Is this a viable solution?

    An example configuration might help as well...

    Thanks,

    The Mikester - your resident Security Simian.
    mikester, Apr 20, 2004